Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport changes ?

Passport changes ?

Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Passport changes ?

Hi there, I have recently married my fiancee and we are moving to Oz in 6 weeks. Should we inform the passport office of her change of name or can we change it when we arrive there. The visa issued for her is in her original maiden name. Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks alot.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport changes ?

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi there, I have recently married my fiancee and we are moving to Oz in 6 weeks. Should we inform the passport office of her change of name or can we change it when we arrive there. The visa issued for her is in her original maiden name. Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks alot.
Easier if you leave it till you get here. Then you can get a new passport, and get a visa sticker in the new name - free of charge - at the local DIMA office.
Also remember, the tickets must be issued in the name on the passport!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport changes ?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Easier if you leave it till you get here. Then you can get a new passport, and get a visa sticker in the new name - free of charge - at the local DIMA office.
Also remember, the tickets must be issued in the name on the passport!!
Thanks for your reply, it has helped me a lot.

Craig.