Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The passing of a friend

The passing of a friend

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy The passing of a friend

Feeling a bit down today.

Had to put my cat down this morning. My Mum took him up to the Vet this morning and he had a large tumour on his chest. He is now buried in the garden along with my other 2 cats and I don't know how many of my Mums cats.

At least I can say he had a great life. He was bought for me as a Christmas Present nearly 17 years ago. A lovely little Siamese cat with a very loud voice.

We took him and our other cat and also our two dogs from Melbourne to Queensland. Then when we decided to move back 3 years later, the dogs and the other cat went back to Melbourne and Silk (the Siamese) came to Canberra with me and my then husband. We eventually moved back to Melbourne and then when I came over to the UK my Mum looked after him for me.

I'm so glad that he waited for me to come back home to Melbourne before he gave up his fight. At least I got to say goodbye to him.

Have decided that it's now a good time to open a bottle of bubbly. Need a bit of cheering up.....Oh yes, the sun's come out too.

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Sad but like you say, good innings and you got some time with him. I had to have my cat of 17 yrs put down before we came and it's not nice.

Bubbly is a good medicine though

Diane
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read that you had lost your friend. At least you have a lot of memories of him, and that he had a good life.

Whisky
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Bubbly is a good medicine though

Diane
Bubbly had done me the world of good, along with two Apple Scrolls and a king size Cherry Ripe. Feeling much better now, but will have to run at least 6 miles tomorrow to work it all off.

At least it's not going to rain tomorrow.

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

J, sorry to hear your news, but at least you got to say goodbyes. But the fact still remains that you now have to jog for 6 miles
We have decided to leave our dog here with my foster brother. We have had her since she was found in a bin at four weeks old. She is now 14, very fit, but has never been in kennels in her life, so we were worried that she wouldn't make the journey. Saying goodbye will be very hard. Pets hey? see you soon....
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by h garrett
J, sorry to hear your news, but at least you got to say goodbyes. But the fact still remains that you now have to jog for 6 miles
We have decided to leave our dog here with my foster brother. We have had her since she was found in a bin at four weeks old. She is now 14, very fit, but has never been in kennels in her life, so we were worried that she wouldn't make the journey. Saying goodbye will be very hard. Pets hey? see you soon....
Hi H

Hope I'm not too hungover in the morning (have now drank whole bottle of bubbly on my own!!). Might be my excuse not to run!

Know what you mean about the pets. And here's me now considering buying a new Siamese kitten once Nick gets here and we buy our own house

Looking forward to meeting up once you get here.

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The passing of a friend

Originally posted by Jaykay
Feeling a bit down today.

Had to put my cat down this morning. My Mum took him up to the Vet this morning and he had a large tumour on his chest. He is now buried in the garden along with my other 2 cats and I don't know how many of my Mums cats.

At least I can say he had a great life. He was bought for me as a Christmas Present nearly 17 years ago. A lovely little Siamese cat with a very loud voice.

We took him and our other cat and also our two dogs from Melbourne to Queensland. Then when we decided to move back 3 years later, the dogs and the other cat went back to Melbourne and Silk (the Siamese) came to Canberra with me and my then husband. We eventually moved back to Melbourne and then when I came over to the UK my Mum looked after him for me.

I'm so glad that he waited for me to come back home to Melbourne before he gave up his fight. At least I got to say goodbye to him.

Have decided that it's now a good time to open a bottle of bubbly. Need a bit of cheering up.....Oh yes, the sun's come out
too.

Regards

Hi Jaykay
So sorry to hear about ur cat. Being a cat lover myself and having 3 moggies to take with us to Perth I can sympathise with how attached you get. I would be devastated if anything happened to mine however, I hope that they will have as long and happy life as urs did. Mine are babies in comparison - age 5, 4.5 and 4!!
Jo
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaykay,

Sorry to hear your news. It's a horrible time

We have to say goodbye to our dog and the guinea pigs in two weeks and I'm already getting tearful!