Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passenger Arrival Card - changes to food declaration!

Passenger Arrival Card - changes to food declaration!

Old May 21st 2013, 10:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Passenger Arrival Card - changes to food declaration!

Not sure when it was changed but its very recent (last couple of months).

Arriving passengers no longer need to declare all food items.

You still need to declare meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy items, fruit, and vegetables, but stuff like sweets, crisps and biscuits can now sail through undeclared

The difference that made in Brisbane this morning was stunning. ONE counter open for declared items, with a queue of 6 people from the 9 international flights in at that time. Everyone else was just walking straight out, no Xrays, nothing. Landed at 5.20, and I was out at the pick up point by 5.45

Thanks AQIS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
english-ipc-sample.pdf (34.8 KB, 374 views)
Old May 21st 2013, 10:16 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passenger Arrival Card - changes to food declaration!

Originally Posted by Pollyana

You still need to declare meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy items, fruit, and vegetables, but stuff like sweets, crisps and biscuits can now sail through undeclared

The difference that made in Brisbane this morning was stunning. ONE counter open for declared items, with a queue of 6 people from the 9 international flights in at that time. Everyone else was just walking straight out, no Xrays, nothing. Landed at 5.20, and I was out at the pick up point by 5.45

Thanks AQIS
Oh! A bit of common sense!

Mind you, I can just see the scenes on Border Security now 'no, no, I didn't know it was seafood' will be their defence

Are the food dogs trained to just pick up on those particular foods, does anyone know? Or are they trained to pick up any foods?
Old May 21st 2013, 10:49 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Oh! A bit of common sense!

Mind you, I can just see the scenes on Border Security now 'no, no, I didn't know it was seafood' will be their defence

Are the food dogs trained to just pick up on those particular foods, does anyone know? Or are they trained to pick up any foods?
I think they are trained for specific items - one sniffed at the front of my bag today, which was stuffed with chocolate, and didn't bat an eyelid!
Old May 21st 2013, 11:27 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AQIS

Gah! This was always my distraction gambit if I had something else - Declare some pointless foods, and then they wave you through past the X-Rays!

I'll need to find a different sacrificial strategy...

S
Old May 21st 2013, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AQIS
Thank you ! and welcome back to brisbane

Have friend arriving on Tuesday and can now ask her to load up guilt free
Old May 21st 2013, 11:40 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

We flew back into Sydney on 11th May, declared our British lollies and Italian olive oil, were put in a queue with about 6-7 others whilst the dog sniffed our bags and were then waved through. Much quicker than it used to be.
Old May 22nd 2013, 12:10 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I always declare something and they just usually ask whats it i say chocolate or dried fruit, they just let me thru. If they find something then you have the defence of ticking yes neway.
Old May 22nd 2013, 12:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AQIS
I noticed this the other day - got through much quicker than usual

Perth has been slacking off on inspections for a year or two now anyway
Old May 22nd 2013, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I always declare something and they just usually ask whats it i say chocolate or dried fruit, they just let me thru. If they find something then you have the defence of ticking yes neway.
Now it specifically asks which items and you don't need to declare chocolate
Brisbane used to be quicker if you declared something (ANYTHING!!) rather than nothing, but now its the other way round. The "no"people were straight through with hardly a pause, the "yes" people had to open bags.
Old May 22nd 2013, 1:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a moment's confusion on filling out the landing card and not seeing space to put lollies and chips etc. They were more interested in the large TV box holding a couple of pictures.
Old May 22nd 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
That is the safest way, and WAS always the fastest.

Last time coming in to Brisbane I was asked what I had, and I said "Nuts", he said; "what type", my answer; "Packaged", his reply: "OK, off you go" and that was it.

The current forms were changed in November 2012.

Old May 22nd 2013, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute

I see 'medicines' - does that include standard prescription medicines such as asthma inhalers and headache pills?
Old May 22nd 2013, 2:47 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Even Panadol I declare.
Old May 22nd 2013, 2:50 am
Daffyd Duck

I noticed the new forms when i wentback fr NZ last xmas. Couldnt find "food" so i just ticked everything. The officer just said merry xmas after showing him my chocolate bar with nuts etc.
Old May 22nd 2013, 1:21 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ABCD......
That is the safest way, and WAS always the fastest.

Last time coming in to Brisbane I was asked what I had, and I said "Nuts", he said; "what type", my answer; "Packaged", his reply: "OK, off you go" and that was it.

The current forms were changed in November 2012.

http://www.abcdiamond.com/images/Aus...card-Front.jpg
...must have changed just after I got back last time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.