Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passed the driving test.

Passed the driving test.

Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice
Default Passed the driving test.

Hubby and I sat test yesterday morning and passed! Thank god for that. I can't believe how nervous I was it was like last minute swotting for exams at school! Anyway got there early which is highly recommended, paid lots of money! She gave us the tests and said no cheating, we took them then went back to have them marked. I got 29/30! Was well chuffed! Hubby looked on in horror and said I didn't have any of those answers but of course those sneaky people at QLD Transport give different test to different people so you can't cheat (well except for all the give way questions which they just rearrange). He got the same. all round(not whilst driving of course!) It was actually ok, common sense really but reading the book did help. Good luck anyone still to do it.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:51 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passed the driving test.

Congratulations!
Happy, safe driving!
Julie
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Well done JGs.

Know what you mean about the nerves.
I passed mine a little while ago and wife & eldest son 2 weeks ago.
It was so busy I felt like we were in a cattle market.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Passed the driving test.

Originally Posted by JG04

Hubby and I sat test yesterday morning and passed! Thank god for that. I can't believe how nervous I was it was like last minute swotting for exams at school! Anyway got there early which is highly recommended, paid lots of money! She gave us the tests and said no cheating, we took them then went back to have them marked. I got 29/30! Was well chuffed! Hubby looked on in horror and said I didn't have any of those answers but of course those sneaky people at QLD Transport give different test to different people so you can't cheat (well except for all the give way questions which they just rearrange). He got the same. all round(not whilst driving of course!) It was actually ok, common sense really but reading the book did help. Good luck anyone still to do it.

Well Done
By the way, how much are the theory tests?

Cheeers
BB
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
Well Done
By the way, how much are the theory tests?

Cheeers
BB
It was AUD 16 something.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Passed the driving test.

Originally Posted by Bix
It was AUD 16 something.
cheers for that
BB
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

well done both of you. i've been waiting for a post to come on again about driving tests. i'm sure its been asked over and over, but whats the procedure then? do you just have to do a theory test or both?

thanks

debbie
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

debbie,

It depends on what licence you hold now and what Aus state you go to as they have different regulations.

ABCDiamond covered a lot in a recent thread.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Trekrider will become famous soon enoughTrekrider will become famous soon enough

We are here on a 457 visa so if we were to stay in NSW we wouldn't have to take the test at all. Does anyone know what the rule is in WA? Is it the same as for a PR visa (three months, to get a licence)? I have heard a rumour that the three month rule does apply, if so is it three months from getting to WA or three months from getting to Oz?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

CONGRATULATIONS.xx
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Trekrider
We are here on a 457 visa so if we were to stay in NSW we wouldn't have to take the test at all. Does anyone know what the rule is in WA? Is it the same as for a PR visa (three months, to get a licence)? I have heard a rumour that the three month rule does apply, if so is it three months from getting to WA or three months from getting to Oz?
Here's the site you need mate.......
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/

In QLD you can drive indefinitely on your UK full licence whilst a temp resident.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Trekrider will become famous soon enoughTrekrider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix
Here's the site you need mate.......
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/

In QLD you can drive indefinitely on your UK full licence whilst a temp resident.
Thanks for this Bix, NSW is indefinate as well. My reading of the WA rules are that it is 12 months for temp resident, three months for permanent. It also says from arrival in WA not Oz so that gives us longer. We hope to get a PR visa in the next few months anyway but it does give us a bit more breathing space.

By the way, I forgot to say congratulations to the original posters
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

If you can make the time it's worth getting the full licence right away.
Satisfies a lot of ID requirements.

I didn't but on hindsight wish I did.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
If you can make the time it's worth getting the full licence right away.
Satisfies a lot of ID requirements.

I didn't but on hindsight wish I did.
I had better start swatting up on the online test then, thanks

Anyone know how many times you need to do the online test to get all the questions
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
debbie,

It depends on what licence you hold now and what Aus state you go to as they have different regulations.

ABCDiamond covered a lot in a recent thread.
thanks bix, will check it out

debs x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.