Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pass port for visa

pass port for visa

Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough
Default pass port for visa

hi
does anyone know how long you have to have on your pass port for the visa as mine only has 6 months
thanks
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:54 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice
Default Re: pass port for visa

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi
does anyone know how long you have to have on your pass port for the visa as mine only has 6 months
thanks
You need 2 years (well thats what they reccommend) I was in the same situation and was told to renew my passport before having meds. as you need the same passport to enter oz. Don't know if this is gospel but its what i was told.
I sent a change of circumstance form off with my police checks at the final change, but I had re-newed my passport prior to the medical so unsure which route you should go down.
Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bigjugs
You need 2 years (well thats what they reccommend) I was in the same situation and was told to renew my passport before having meds. as you need the same passport to enter oz. Don't know if this is gospel but its what i was told.
I sent a change of circumstance form off with my police checks at the final change, but I had re-newed my passport prior to the medical so unsure which route you should go down.
Good luck
thanks i'll send my agent an e-mail straight away
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi
thanks

It says on the instruction for sending for your visa evidencing that you need to make sure

1 - your passport is current
2 - it has at least 2 unused visa pages

But I would recommend you do it now, it will save hassle later on. Make sure you send a 1022i form to advise of change of passport number