Wikiposts

Party?????

Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:45 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Party?????

I cant decide whether to organise a leaving party. It seems to be expected by family and friends but I cant help thinking that it'll just be another hassle to organise and would really prefer a few nights out with various groups.
I'm also a bit of a coward and would rather avoid the emotional scenes where possible.
Any experience, advice or thoughts appreciated.

Michaela
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

AussieinLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Party?????

Originally posted by mcmercer
I cant decide whether to organise a leaving party. It seems to be expected by family and friends but I cant help thinking that it'll just be another hassle to organise and would really prefer a few nights out with various groups.
I'm also a bit of a coward and would rather avoid the emotional scenes where possible.

Michaela
Well, you could be cheeky and do what we did...

Tell the loudest proponent for a party to organise it!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

No way I could have a `goodbye` party. Would spend the whole evening blubbing away in the corner!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by AussieinLondon
Well, you could be cheeky and do what we did...

Tell the loudest proponent for a party to organise it!

I had thought of that and have had 1 or 2 offers but the thought of what our friends might organise makes me a tad nervous!
I'm already seeing more of everyone on the promise of going and being treated like I have a terminal illness, thats really enough for me!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by S Oldfield
No way I could have a `goodbye` party. Would spend the whole evening blubbing away in the corner!!!!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly

Debs
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:18 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Ah, but otherwise you have to go around saying goodbye to everyone individually. Very time consuming so why not get it all done at once. And if you've got good friends and family they should buy your drinks all night!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 5:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Michaela
Don't do it, money would be best spent in Oz for a party to meet new friends!

If we are luck enough to get PR there is no way we will have a leaving do - all far to emotional and takes money out of the pot to live on while we are there, may be the difference between eating or not !!!!

Jill

Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:42 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I had thought of that and have had 1 or 2 offers but the thought of what our friends might organise makes me a tad nervous!
I'm already seeing more of everyone on the promise of going and being treated like I have a terminal illness, thats really enough for me!!

Lol I know what you mean family and friends are treating us like we have a terminal illness at the mo .... as if they will never see us again. One of them even asked me if I had a terminal illness because I have lost a lot of weight
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Not sure about hte party idea, but i remember saying goodbye to my kids and my grandaughter at the airport was one of the hardest things ive had to do..i was still sobbing as we took off on the plane!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Michaela
Hi Michaela

Marks family are already making leaving do lists and we've not even reached medical stage yet!
we will have a leaving do, cry a few tears then never look back!
what ever you do, enjoy it
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I have just got back home after a leaving do for my neice - she has just joined the army and is off for basic training on Monday . Her mum did nothing but cry - shes only going for 2 weeks and will be home at xmas!!!

Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Thanks all,
went out for xmas meal with my friends last night, it has made me definately decide against a party. There were tears by 10 and we dont even go till Feb. I will miss them desperately but think the next 10 weeks will be emotionally wearing enough. Cant imagine how the goodbyes will be but think brief and sobre is the way to go!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

wife wants one , i don't.

would rather have the money spent upon arrival in oz.

too emotional too.

definately NOBODY at the airport, on this we both agree ( phew )

Paul
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

we are not having a party for similar reasons others have said. We are going to visit people in small groups, which will hopefully make it much easier to take.

I have been out 2 nights this week saying goodbye to friends and it is beginning to get to me now. The whole experience is a complete nightmare.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
Not sure about hte party idea, but i remember saying goodbye to my kids and my grandaughter at the airport was one of the hardest things ive had to do..i was still sobbing as we took off on the plane!!
I know what you mean. Mum organised a big family lunch at a pub and everyone was too pissed to cry. The airport is far worse so do a party and get it over with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.