Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner's dream?

Partner's dream?

Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partner's dream?

Did you move to Oz because it was a partner's dream and you wouldn't have gone otherwise? If so, were you glad you did?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

fairywings will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Partner's dream?

Hi, I kind of moved becaused it was my partner's dream. He married me on the understanding that I supported him in an application to live in Oz. I love Oz and had been a couple of times before we got together and then came over with him a couple of times before we got married so could admit to the place having some type of draw, infact everytime I arrived in Perth airport it felt like home. I would never have thought about moving if I had not married my hubby, we have been here since Jan and I have made some good friends, bought a lovely house, he's got a good job, I just wish that my Mum could be here to see my home in person rather than through Skype, but I look on it that if we've moved to parts of Scotland it would take a similar length of time to get to her.
We agreed that we would always have a good enough internet connection for Skype and would always have funds in the bank to be able to fly back to the UK should we want to.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairywings
Hi, I kind of moved becaused it was my partner's dream. He married me on the understanding that I supported him in an application to live in Oz. I love Oz and had been a couple of times before we got together and then came over with him a couple of times before we got married so could admit to the place having some type of draw, infact everytime I arrived in Perth airport it felt like home. I would never have thought about moving if I had not married my hubby, we have been here since Jan and I have made some good friends, bought a lovely house, he's got a good job, I just wish that my Mum could be here to see my home in person rather than through Skype, but I look on it that if we've moved to parts of Scotland it would take a similar length of time to get to her.
We agreed that we would always have a good enough internet connection for Skype and would always have funds in the bank to be able to fly back to the UK should we want to.

It's good that you knew from the outset what you were 'in for' and it's definately a good idea to always ensure you can afford to get back to the UK again - that alone, I think will provide peace of mind
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Did you move to Oz because it was a partner's dream and you wouldn't have gone otherwise? If so, were you glad you did?
It will only work if you both want it.