Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner Sponsorship

View Poll Results: Average wait for partner visa?
1-3 weeks
75.00%
1-2months
0%
2-4months
25.00%
4+ months
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Partner Sponsorship

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Post Partner Sponsorship

Hi Everyone!

Please can someone help me!!

My partner who I have been with for 3.5years is Australian but unfortunately the VISA that I was on ran out last month and I had to come back to the UK. We have decided to take the plunge as it were and I now want to move back there. I have the points to do it by myself, but it seems to make more sense for him to sponsor me (unless anyone knows otherwise??!).

I'm pretty scared at the moment as we're trying to coordinate this from opposite sides of the world and I really want to get it right. I've thought about an agent, but they seem pretty expensive. Can anyone offer any advice on how to start this?? We've already begun to collect statments from friends and family but am unsure where to go next.

If anyones doing the same thing or has successfully done it please let me know!!

Oh and just one more thing - there seems to be a wide range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months to how long the visa takes to come through, does anyone know the offical average?!

Thanks a lot guys
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:49 pm
WBB

i am applying for a spouse visa.

dont know what your poll is for but if you have a specific question i will try to help.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Basically...where do I start?!

How far are you into the process? I understand there are two forms that need to be filled in for a partner visa (as well as medicals etc). And these need to be backed up by evidence; what sort of things should I include with my application?

Thanks!

Originally posted by WBB

i am applying for a spouse visa.

dont know what your poll is for but if you have a specific question i will try to help.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:21 pm
WBB

Originally posted by mlbonner
Basically...where do I start?!

How far are you into the process? I understand there are two forms that need to be filled in for a partner visa (as well as medicals etc). And these need to be backed up by evidence; what sort of things should I include with my application?

Thanks!
i applied november last year and am still waiting, some people with straight forward cases get visas within a week or two.

you need to fill in forms 40SP and 47SP, stat decs need to be done, i used form 888 although this is only supposed to be used in australia.

you will also need to have the meds and police checks done and provide evidence of your relationship.

good luck.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:56 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I'm going to be applying for a prospective spouse visa so have been collecting loads of info.
Have attached something which might be helpful. But also look on www.australia.org.uk

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: doc
de facto 2.doc (30.5 KB, 105 views)
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 6:14 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Another thing that you might not know about is front end loading, it can speed up the application.
You submit everything together forms, stat decs, proof of relationship, meds, police check etc.
Have attached a form which explains it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
front_end_loading.pdf (24.7 KB, 193 views)
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Sponsorship

Hi Everyone!

My partner who I have been with for 3.5years is Australian but unfortunately the VISA that I was on ran out last month and I had to come back to the UK. We have decided to take the plunge as it were and I now want to move back there. I have the points to do it by myself, but it seems to make more sense for him to sponsor me (unless anyone knows otherwise??!).

I'm pretty scared at the moment as we're trying to coordinate this from opposite sides of the world and I really want to get it right. I've thought about an agent, but they seem pretty expensive. Can anyone offer any advice on how to start this?? We've already begun to collect statments from friends and family but am unsure where to go next.

If anyones doing the same thing or has successfully done it please let me know!!

Oh and just one more thing - there seems to be a wide range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months to how long the visa takes to come through, does anyone know the offical average?!

Thanks a lot guys
Hi there,

we've just submitted a front end loaded spouse application for my husband who is Irish. If you've got any questions, drop me a line.

Sally
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

Thanks a lot guys
most of what you need is in booklet 1 from www.immi.gov.au/allforms .

Check out the 1 year co-habitation requirement that will determine if you are de-facto partners.

The application can take a month to compile but straight forward front end loaded partner apps at the London AHC (with no character or health complications) are often processed with in a fortnight.

There is a lot of info to get together so get cracking.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

Thanks a lot guys
We submitted our applicatation last Thursday and got a letter back yesterday requesting further information, but they sent back all our documentation so looks like it will go ahead as soon as we send the info they need.

Have a look at www.austimeline.com to see the processing times at the moment. Some poeple had theirs back in 2 days, so as long as your application is straightforward and you front end load you should have it back in no time.

Good luck

Mrs Jacko
Old Mar 4th 2004, 10:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

thanks for that Kate, I had heard of it but wasnt sure, think it'll be the way I go for definate!

Originally posted by BKate
Another thing that you might not know about is front end loading, it can speed up the application.
You submit everything together forms, stat decs, proof of relationship, meds, police check etc.
Have attached a form which explains it.