Reload this Page >

Partner offered job in Perth

Partner offered job in Perth

Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

WEBB142 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner offered job in Perth

Hi All,

Mt boyfriend has been offered a job where we would be based in Perth.
I have always fancied Australia but no very little about the country especially Perth.

I know this is a lot to ask, but can you tell me what Perth is like?

We are both 26, is there alot of young professionals in this city?

What's the best areas to live? My partner will be working offshore, so i would like somewhere close to the city, but not in the city itself!

Your advice would be appreciated!

Claire
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:01 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Partner offered job in Perth

Hi if you are young and not yet planning on settling in Suburbia I would recommend one of the more younger trendier suburbs like Subiaco, Fremantle, Leederville, Cottesloe. They have more to do and are near the city, good transport links, more bars, cafes, shops etc. It all depends what you are into really and what your budget is. I personally found some of the other suburbs abit soulless with not as much to do. But maybe if you like quieter places in the country then the Hills would be a good place. Cottesloe is a beach suburb which we lived in for a couple of years and really liked it, had good community spirit, bars, trendy cafes etc and the beach on the doorstep. Also really liked Subiaco which is just on the edge of the city centre. The best thing would be to rent a short term apartment in the city and then drive about the different areas getting a feel of what you like. We thought before we went that we would really like Scarborough and we planned to rent there yet when we got there we hated it!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner offered job in Perth

Originally Posted by JRB
Hi if you are young and not yet planning on settling in Suburbia I would recommend one of the more younger trendier suburbs like Subiaco, Fremantle, Leederville, Cottesloe. They have more to do and are near the city, good transport links, more bars, cafes, shops etc. It all depends what you are into really and what your budget is. I personally found some of the other suburbs abit soulless with not as much to do. But maybe if you like quieter places in the country then the Hills would be a good place. Cottesloe is a beach suburb which we lived in for a couple of years and really liked it, had good community spirit, bars, trendy cafes etc and the beach on the doorstep. Also really liked Subiaco which is just on the edge of the city centre. The best thing would be to rent a short term apartment in the city and then drive about the different areas getting a feel of what you like. We thought before we went that we would really like Scarborough and we planned to rent there yet when we got there we hated it!!
Yep, I agree with most of that. On the whole Perth is great if you love the outdoors lifestyle of fishing, camping, off-roading etc but not the busiest place in the world. Having said that, if you choose wisely and head for Mt Lawley, Subiaco, North Perth, East Perth and anywhere close to the city you will be fine. Just don't get a place in the outer suburbs and expect to live within 5 minutes of a dozen pubs.