Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Part time air/con work gold coast (any chance?)

Part time air/con work gold coast (any chance?)

Old Jan 15th 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Red face Part time air/con work gold coast (any chance?)

Hi could anyone tell me the chance of getting part time work as an Airconditioning engineer on the gold coast?
I'm heading over with my partner on her student visa in August and due to the course visa I can only work 20 hours!
I'm qulified and a hard worker so i don't want to end up doing rubbish like bar work, it's really stressing me out leaving a good job not knowing what i'm heading for!
I have all my own tools and machines so an option could be to go self employed but then again i don't know what the demand is like and lot of jobs would req 2 men!

If anyone has advise it would be really great!!

Cheers Chris.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 2:12 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part time air/con work gold coast (any chance?)

Originally Posted by chris96
Hi could anyone tell me the chance of getting part time work as an Airconditioning engineer on the gold coast?
I'm heading over with my partner on her student visa in August and due to the course visa I can only work 20 hours!
I'm qulified and a hard worker so i don't want to end up doing rubbish like bar work, it's really stressing me out leaving a good job not knowing what i'm heading for!
I have all my own tools and machines so an option could be to go self employed but then again i don't know what the demand is like and lot of jobs would req 2 men!

If anyone has advise it would be really great!!

Cheers Chris.
theres plenty of work but not sure how the licencing system would work on a temp visa!! you could maybe look for a company to sponsor you for your own visa so you could work full time
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Do you know if theres a governing body for the licensing that i could contact to find out or if thay have a website?
Thanks very much, Chris
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:19 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris96
Do you know if theres a governing body for the licensing that i could contact to find out or if thay have a website?
Thanks very much, Chris
try http://www.arctick.org/index.php and also http://www.airah.org.au/links.asp
and for electrical try http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electrical...ning/licences/
and good luck