Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parking issues on private lot

Parking issues on private lot

Old Sep 24th 2010, 10:37 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking issues on private lot

This happens in our car park too. There are some retail tenants who aren't there every day and one has put up a sign, "I don't live in your unit so please don't park in my space". He has actually said he'll have offending cars clamped.

We have 2 spaces, we only need one. The person we bought from said she let a neighbour use the spare but we've been here since June and nobody has asked us if they can use it. I wouldn't mind so long as we could get out - it's a tandem space and quite tricky.

Why not get to know your neighbours, say you're happy for them to use your space unless you have visitors, which you'll let them know about in advance whenever possible?

Your alternative is to rent it to them but I know that's against the rules in our place. Not to say it doesn't happen of course.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mr mover
Prehaps somthing like this would help...
http://www.flashpark.co.uk/
...............MM
Thanks Mr. Mover.
I tried but it only accept UK thingy; also tried to create login but It wont accept (says only for UK).
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Seasider
This happens in our car park too. There are some retail tenants who aren't there every day and one has put up a sign, "I don't live in your unit so please don't park in my space". He has actually said he'll have offending cars clamped.

We have 2 spaces, we only need one. The person we bought from said she let a neighbour use the spare but we've been here since June and nobody has asked us if they can use it. I wouldn't mind so long as we could get out - it's a tandem space and quite tricky.

Why not get to know your neighbours, say you're happy for them to use your space unless you have visitors, which you'll let them know about in advance whenever possible?

Your alternative is to rent it to them but I know that's against the rules in our place. Not to say it doesn't happen of course.
Yes, I fully agree with what you said, I have no issues someone using my car park; using is better than being not used.
they will start using it as its their own and then eventually people forget to thank and thats taken for granted
Beisdes, i left a note 2 times (for 2 offending vehicles) none of them thanked or replied or called... that sounds out of line a bit.
Also, if its my car park i dont want to call them and request to vacate when any of my friends or acquaintance coming at any hr of the day - just wondering what if they not there or gone out etc - it will be like on mercy of their availability and me running after them ... just too much circus
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

With the bin problem I'd do what someone earlier suggested - attach a padlock.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Sorry you're having such problems.

I just wondered why you'd given out your phone number. I'm not sure I'd feel very secure giving out a number to people I may possibly be in strife with.

I like the bin padlock idea and the heavy box at the entrance to the space saying "no parking" - some people are just lazy and if they can pretend they didn't see a sign they'll ignore it, whereas they might go for another spare space if your's means they have to get out of their car to move an obstacle.

I think the idea is to make it difficult for them to take advantage of you.

Good luck
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a small rusty old trailer for $100 and just upend it when you want to park a car there.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Rather than leaving a polite note under the wiper have you thought about sticking the note to the windscreen, right in front of the driver... with superglue!! Especially if they are a repeat offender, it would be sooo annoying I bet they would think twice about using your space again a second time.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:24 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartinis
Rather than leaving a polite note under the wiper have you thought about sticking the note to the windscreen, right in front of the driver... with superglue!! Especially if they are a repeat offender, it would be sooo annoying I bet they would think twice about using your space again a second time.
whilst tempting, its illegal. the car owner can claim damages against the body corp