Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parents are doing my head in (again)

Wikiposts

Parents are doing my head in (again)

Old Apr 14th 2004, 9:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

In a way, we're leaving heaven and entering hell on the in-laws front! My parents are great, the best they could be, and I love 'em dearly. As does Mr B who has been adopted by my parents as one of their own.

Mr B's mum died when he was only 9. His dad blames it all on Mr B (she wasn't supposed to have another child after her first one died at 3 days old). Neglected him for a year, allowing him to fend for himself until the rest of his rellies spotted the problem and took charge of the situation. Mr B's uncles and aunts are fantastic, and Mr B sees them as his parents (as do I).

Trouble is, Mr B's dad remarried. His new stepmum chucked Mr B out of the house when he was 15 - again, he had to fend for himself and was passed around friends and rellies. His stepmum is evil. Pure evil. Can't stand her. Mr B only keeps in touch with them because of his half-sister, whom he adores.

At least the rest of his family (and his friends) are fantastic! Mr B doesn't want his step-mum coming to our wedding though (whenever that is) so I can see all hell breaking loose.

So we leave heaven for hell on that front!!!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:58 pm
maggy

Default parents are doing my head in

my kids left home to live with their father as my mother had told them i did not love them. The reason because we were going to oz and she did not want to be left alone. They were away 4 months before the truth came out as they refused to see me as the cow had filled their heads with so much shit. To add insult she was telling me she was worried about my health as i had to take 4 months off work with stress. She made me believe that she was on my side and had been telling my kids to move back home. I made myself really ill and was on antidepressants and beta blockers for months. the truth finally came out and i gave her a piece of my mind. The cow changed her phone number and spread lies to everyone including my father about how bad a mother i was. Ino longer have contact with any of them. she told the kids they were better with their dad who lives with his brother in a filthy flat and both of them are heroin addicts. I finally managed to talk kids into coming back home and moving to oz only for the cow to start her shit again. The result my 14 year old daughter is back with her dad is allowed to stay out drinking and smoking till all hours. This is a grandmother who loves her grand kids. Its been very tough but i wont let her beat me. How can parents be so evil. She has no contact with her own mother, father, sisters, brothers, or sons because of her evil ways. So the best of luck to anyone else who has to deal with parents from hell.

Maggy

Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Really feel for you.

We are lucky to the extent that when we broke news everyone was really supportive - all have started talking about possible holidays etc. i am sure when visa comes through it may be different story - esp as we're having first child in August!

Remember it is your life - not theirs. Communication is not what it was when they were younger. i think a lot of older generation don't realise how easy it is to communicate with Oz and to get to Oz these days - no more 6 weeks on a boat etc!!

Chin up!

Lucy
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:54 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
In a way, we're leaving heaven and entering hell on the in-laws front! My parents are great, the best they could be, and I love 'em dearly. As does Mr B who has been adopted by my parents as one of their own.

Mr B's mum died when he was only 9. His dad blames it all on Mr B (she wasn't supposed to have another child after her first one died at 3 days old). Neglected him for a year, allowing him to fend for himself until the rest of his rellies spotted the problem and took charge of the situation. Mr B's uncles and aunts are fantastic, and Mr B sees them as his parents (as do I).

Trouble is, Mr B's dad remarried. His new stepmum chucked Mr B out of the house when he was 15 - again, he had to fend for himself and was passed around friends and rellies. His stepmum is evil. Pure evil. Can't stand her. Mr B only keeps in touch with them because of his half-sister, whom he adores.

At least the rest of his family (and his friends) are fantastic! Mr B doesn't want his step-mum coming to our wedding though (whenever that is) so I can see all hell breaking loose.

So we leave heaven for hell on that front!!!
Ohhhh Bundy how sad....poor Mr B so good that you have a loving family. So where are they? here in Oz? What part are you heading too??
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:55 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parents are doing my head in

Originally posted by maggy
my kids left home to live with their father as my mother had told them i did not love them. The reason because we were going to oz and she did not want to be left alone. They were away 4 months before the truth came out as they refused to see me as the cow had filled their heads with so much shit. To add insult she was telling me she was worried about my health as i had to take 4 months off work with stress. She made me believe that she was on my side and had been telling my kids to move back home. I made myself really ill and was on antidepressants and beta blockers for months. the truth finally came out and i gave her a piece of my mind. The cow changed her phone number and spread lies to everyone including my father about how bad a mother i was. Ino longer have contact with any of them. she told the kids they were better with their dad who lives with his brother in a filthy flat and both of them are heroin addicts. I finally managed to talk kids into coming back home and moving to oz only for the cow to start her shit again. The result my 14 year old daughter is back with her dad is allowed to stay out drinking and smoking till all hours. This is a grandmother who loves her grand kids. Its been very tough but i wont let her beat me. How can parents be so evil. She has no contact with her own mother, father, sisters, brothers, or sons because of her evil ways. So the best of luck to anyone else who has to deal with parents from hell

Maggy

OMG Maggy

Another really sad story.I do hope you get all that you want. Good luck with everything and sod the rest of them !!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pants
Ohhhh Bundy how sad....poor Mr B so good that you have a loving family. So where are they? here in Oz? What part are you heading too??

I know. His dad and step-mum are shockers, but his uncles and aunts are great. Bit of excitement next week because he meets his mum's sister for the first time in 16 years - he was 10 when he last saw her! HIs step-mum threw out everything to do with his mum - documents, photos, letters - so all he has is one photo of her. His aunt is bringing a whole load over for him. It took 3 years to track down the rest of his mum's side of the family, many of whom live over here in the UK, although his aunt lives in Oz.

My parents live in Jersey (Channel Islands) and the rest of my family are scattered about the UK and Europe. Mr B and I will be heading back to Nundle, NSW where he comes from and where we met and I lived for a year. Small town, middle of nowhere, love it!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:02 am
Live the moment

I know. His dad and step-mum are shockers, but his uncles and aunts are great. Bit of excitement next week because he meets his mum's sister for the first time in 16 years - he was 10 when he last saw her! HIs step-mum threw out everything to do with his mum - documents, photos, letters - so all he has is one photo of her. His aunt is bringing a whole load over for him. It took 3 years to track down the rest of his mum's side of the family, many of whom live over here in the UK, although his aunt lives in Oz.

My parents live in Jersey (Channel Islands) and the rest of my family are scattered about the UK and Europe. Mr B and I will be heading back to Nundle, NSW where he comes from and where we met and I lived for a year. Small town, middle of nowhere, love it!

How exciting for him. I bet he will make up for many lost years with his Aunt. God I can't believe that people are so bloody cruel. I am not naive but this is the sort of story you expect Cilla Black to start doing don't you.!!

I was wondering if anyone was coming out to NSW. Most people seem to be heading to Perth, Queensland or Adelaide. Sorry have not heard of Nundle. Will you be setting up home etc and working??
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:05 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Pants
How exciting for him. I bet he will make up for many lost years with his Aunt. God I can't believe that people are so bloody cruel. I am not naive but this is the sort of story you expect Cilla Black to start doing don't you.!!

I was wondering if anyone was coming out to NSW. Most people seem to be heading to Perth, Queensland or Adelaide. Sorry have not heard of Nundle. Will you be setting up home etc and working??
Nobody's heard of Nundle, except those I've educated on here! It's about 60km southeast of Tamworth, off the New England Highway.

Yep, we're hoping to run an outback pub somewhere in the region with a possible backpacker hostel attached (many contacts in this trade!). Aim to get married there in early 2006.

YOu?
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:11 am
Live the moment

Nobody's heard of Nundle, except those I've educated on here! It's about 60km southeast of Tamworth, off the New England Highway.

Yep, we're hoping to run an outback pub somewhere in the region with a possible backpacker hostel attached (many contacts in this trade!). Aim to get married there in early 2006.

YOu?
Oh excellent...good for you.

We are heading back home to the UK. Been here 21/2 years and Aussie hubby and I have discussed it till the cows come home !!We have 2 year old daughter and are trying for number 2. I have no family here and sadly we have the outlaws about 15 mins away. Hubby wants more opportunity in work and to see more of Europe. I would like to have some family support etc so decision has been made. We have house on market and my flight is booked for 18th August with daughter. Hubby will finish off stuff here and join us a.s.a.p and not forgetting our dog Molly !!

I will miss Oz and my mates here but for the mo we both feel we will be happier back home !
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:12 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parents are doing my head in (again)

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
George Burns (1896 - 1996)
Old Apr 16th 2004, 4:40 am
Go Banana's !!

I've had another ones of those ' I want to scream at my Mother days'.
won't go into detail but it spoilt my daughter horse riding show day and ended in my Mother saying the usual "Well you won't have to have anything to do with me when you're in Australia"

Not too bad if she'd said it to me, but she said it to my six year old daughter HER GRANDDAUGHTER, who broke her heart crying all the way home.

But I'm not bitter just want a stiff drink

Jill

Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:23 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:28 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fogmeister

That's really funny.

I laughed even more the second time.

Why not post it again so that I can ROTFL.