Reload this Page >

Parents In Brissy

Parents In Brissy

Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

tasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents In Brissy

Hi,

My husband and i emigrated over in 2002, we have 4 kids 11,8,5 and 5months. we have just bought a business, we take over 29th January. and would love to hear any suggestions on a get together perhaps on a regular basis.

Its a giant indoor play centre, party centre and cafe, on Kingston Road Logan Central. Its called Wriggle It. however we are in the process of changing the name. It will be called 'The Wacky Warehouse'

We will be having a pregnant mums coffee morning on a wednesday am from 10am and a new mums coffee morning on a thursday from 10am.. so perhaps we could add an expats coffee morning...? or even an evening gathering??

children under the age of 2 are FREE and there is plenty for all ages from 0-11+

Would love to hear your thoughts every one...
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:26 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents In Brissy

Originally Posted by tasha
Hi,

My husband and i emigrated over in 2002, we have 4 kids 11,8,5 and 5months. we have just bought a business, we take over 29th January. and would love to hear any suggestions on a get together perhaps on a regular basis.

Its a giant indoor play centre, party centre and cafe, on Kingston Road Logan Central. Its called Wriggle It. however we are in the process of changing the name. It will be called 'The Wacky Warehouse'

We will be having a pregnant mums coffee morning on a wednesday am from 10am and a new mums coffee morning on a thursday from 10am.. so perhaps we could add an expats coffee morning...? or even an evening gathering??

children under the age of 2 are FREE and there is plenty for all ages from 0-11+

Hi there,

Good luck with it all. Kinda like the sound of that. I'll keep my on things.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ginny...

Glad that you like the sound of it. I think it would be a great opportunity for other expats to meet...

If you fancy a visit to the centre like i said we take over 29th January.. so print this off and bring it along with you when you do come or ask for me and mention your name and we will give you 10% discount off all entry and food or drink....

Lets hope this is the start of a great new Expats meeting / social group

tasha
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi Tasha,

Thats great news your buying a place like that . We didnt even know there was anything like that here. My youngest daughter who has just gone 7 has recently been saying that she really misses the Wacky Warehouse in UK.

It would be great that you had an expat meet up say every 1 or 2 months maybe on a weekend so the adults can meet and chat and the kids are safely playing happily. So many meet ups are outdoors and you are constantly aware of where they are and were they are running off to so it would be much more relaxing in this kind of atmosphere .... it would also be great for your business as i'm sure you'd sell lots of food and drinks . What about something like the first saturday or sunday of every month. You'd probably get regulars as well as new arrivals every month.

Let us know as we'd be really interested. Will bring the kids along anyway as they have really missed that type of place.

Good luck
Marie
x
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Hi,

great to hear from you. That sounds fantastic.... We would love to meet you.

How does the first Sunday of every month sound....? So that makes the first one 4th February... normally the quieter time is later on a sunday afternoon so shall we say about 3pm (but of course the centre is open all day from 11am on a sunday so people can come along earlier if they want to).

Make sure you make your self known at the reception on arrival for the 10% discount on everything.

see you there

Tasha
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thats good to know about, thanks.
Let us know if you arrange the meeting for the weekends.
Will try and come and have a look one weekend as i am sure my two children would love it, we use to go to a local one to us in the UK also and they loved it there.
Good luck with your new venture hope all goes well for you.

Karen
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Hi Jaycat,

The meetings will be on the first SUNDAY of every month

love to have you join us
Old Jan 14th 2007, 3:46 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ginny...

Glad that you like the sound of it. I think it would be a great opportunity for other expats to meet...

If you fancy a visit to the centre like i said we take over 29th January.. so print this off and bring it along with you when you do come or ask for me and mention your name and we will give you 10% discount off all entry and food or drink....

Lets hope this is the start of a great new Expats meeting / social group

tasha
Hi Tash,

Sounds good. Hope to see you soon.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Debtonyluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I spoke to you two days ago to book a party for my son Luke. I thought you were English!
A friend of my told me about this web site to day and there you were! Its a small world!
I have been over here 5 and a half years and love it!
Good luck with wriggle it! The new name sounds great!
Any more meets ups planned as I have noticed you have just had one. Also great idea about the pregnant mothers mornings!
See you soon
Debbie

Hi,

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:57 am
Just Joined

racheysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im the friend that mentioned the site (hi debbie), is there still going to be a meet this weekend. We have been here since last may living in Tanah Merah so wriggle it is really close by and have not been to any Aussie meets yet.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Debtonyluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rachel,
Went into wriggle it today to pay my deposit for Luke's party, the meeting is the last Sunday of each month at 2pm. Tash was asking if you are going to be going.
I won't be able to make this one because of Tony's football. But fingers crossed for the next one! The new owners are really nice and will be really nice to meet to new pommies!
Deb
Originally Posted by racheysteve
hi im the friend that mentioned the site (hi debbie), is there still going to be a meet this weekend. We have been here since last may living in Tanah Merah so wriggle it is really close by and have not been to any Aussie meets yet.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:57 am
Just Joined

hi will try and be there got steves parents over then so will see, i met another friend of yours today Mandy, she came to playgroup gee its a small world ! x
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Hi all

The next meet is this weekend if any one is coming.... 3pm. It is actually the first Sunday of the month which is why its this sunday...

see you soon
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

in that case i will be there with hubby steve and 4 kiddies Con, Kian , Shay and lockie, looking forward to it Rachx
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:10 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

We might be able to come - alicia, craig and 18mth old Jake. What's the address?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.