Parent Visa

Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough
Default Parent Visa

Parent Visa My father and step mother are here on a retirement visa which has to be renewed every 4 years - so far so good this has been done easily.
My father has six children in all and three of them now have permanent residency in Oz.
I heard about this parent visa which said as long as the parent has 50% of their children in Oz they could apply to become a permanent resident.
I thought he would fit this criteria. Now I have been told that his wife - our step mother, as she has two children my father actually has 8 children in total even though 2 are not biologically his - so he no longer has 50% of them in this country.
Anyone out there heard of this? Or can any agent reading this tell me this is actually wrong???
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:23 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa

Originally Posted by Lunnons
Parent Visa My father and step mother are here on a retirement visa which has to be renewed every 4 years - so far so good this has been done easily.
My father has six children in all and three of them now have permanent residency in Oz.
I heard about this parent visa which said as long as the parent has 50% of their children in Oz they could apply to become a permanent resident.
I thought he would fit this criteria. Now I have been told that his wife - our step mother, as she has two children my father actually has 8 children in total even though 2 are not biologically his - so he no longer has 50% of them in this country.
Anyone out there heard of this? Or can any agent reading this tell me this is actually wrong???
sorry i don't have an answer for you but I am pretty sure that i read somewhere that they take the total children whether biological or not.

try posting this in the immigration forum - you are more likely to get an answer there.

tiggs
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure but if you did not know about the other children and depending on how long your step mother has been your step mother you could sign a stat dec to say they are not biologically his and our estranged ....
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

sorry just re read your post , your step mother has 2 biologic kids ????
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:06 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Just thought I'd send you a quick reply as we are trying to get our folks a parent visa.

I am pretty sure that is correct. The number of children taken into account for the balance of family test will include all children from the present and previous relationships of both your Dad & step mum as both are applying.

A similar thing applies to us as my Dad has a daughter from a previous marriage, who, although not my mother's biological child, still counts towards the total number of children assessed in their application.

If they are in Aus already and don't need to work then I am not sure I'd mess with their current retirment visa! Parent visas are either take an incredibly long time, cost a hell of a lot of money or both!

Hope that helps!

Em
Old Aug 6th 2006, 6:36 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

This doesnt address the children question, but possibly will be of interest to all above: (copied and pasted from a post of mine a few months ago)

Hi just a quick one regarding the Parental Visa.

1. I am aware there are two types. the one with a 10-12 year waiting list and the one where you bung the Australian government in excess of $30 000 then only have to wait between 6 and 12 months.

2. I am also aware there is a huge loophole in the system, which enables parents (provided one of the applicants is over 65) to actually apply whilst visiting Australia, then have their tourist visa upgraded to 'bridging visa a'. They can then do all their 'waiting' for the visa to be granted in Australia, rather than their country of residence, even if it does take the full 12 years. Although there is a postscript to this, as it doesnt apply to all countries, but I do know you are allowed to do this from England, which is where my parents live.

3. I am also aware that you can then have 'bridging visa a' exchanged for 'bridging visa b' whilst you go back to sort out your affairs, sell your house, pack your container etc. then return to Australia where your visa automatically becomes 'bridging visa a' on re-entry.

Just in case you didnt know any of the above, this may help you decide how you are going to go about obtaining your parental visa, it seems to me the very best way to do it, is for them simply to come on holiday and apply from here, then stay while they are waiting, it will also save them in excess of 30k too.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 6:40 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
This doesnt address the children question, but possibly will be of interest to all above: (copied and pasted from a post of mine a few months ago)

1. I am aware there are two types. the one with a 10-12 year waiting list and the one where you bung the Australian government in excess of $30 000 then only have to wait between 6 and 12 months.

2. I am also aware there is a huge loophole in the system, which enables parents (provided one of the applicants is over 65) to actually apply whilst visiting Australia, then have their tourist visa upgraded to 'bridging visa a'. They can then do all their 'waiting' for the visa to be granted in Australia, rather than their country of residence, even if it does take the full 12 years. Although there is a postscript to this, as it doesnt apply to all countries, but I do know you are allowed to do this from England, which is where my parents live.

3. I am also aware that you can then have 'bridging visa a' exchanged for 'bridging visa b' whilst you go back to sort out your affairs, sell your house, pack your container etc. then return to Australia where your visa automatically becomes 'bridging visa a' on re-entry.

Just in case you didnt know any of the above, this may help you decide how you are going to go about obtaining your parental visa, it seems to me the very best way to do it, is for them simply to come on holiday and apply from here, then stay while they are waiting, it will also save them in excess of 30k too.

Hmm... interesting reading. I assume the bridging visa wouldn't allow them to work? Anyone know?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Hmm... interesting reading. I assume the bridging visa wouldn't allow them to work? Anyone know?
No.
Not as far as I know.
G
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers

You need to think about the healthcare issues inherent in this "huge loophole". Plus the increased chance of permanent residence being refused on health grounds (people get less healthy as they get older).

DIMA officers have the right to refuse entry if a person arrives as a tourist with a plan to stay longer.