parent visa

Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:17 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default parent visa

How strict is the last remaining relative visa?

Or to put it another way... what are the chances of my parents being allowed to move here on one visa or another?

We have been here just over 2 years and have received our citizenship letter but haven't actually been through the ceromony yet.

My Parents are both 70.
I have a sister in the UK.
I have a brother - don't know where (was adopted by my parents but has not had any contact with them in over 10 years).

I would really like to know whether it is worth them trying to move out here? The only money they have (give or a take a few grand) is the money in their house 170kGBP.

Mum is on tablets for high blood pressure but they are both really 'young' and active.

Any advise would be great thanks guys,

Louise
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:44 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: parent visa

Originally Posted by ljj
How strict is the last remaining relative visa?

Or to put it another way... what are the chances of my parents being allowed to move here on one visa or another?

We have been here just over 2 years and have received our citizenship letter but haven't actually been through the ceromony yet.

My Parents are both 70.
I have a sister in the UK.
I have a brother - don't know where (was adopted by my parents but has not had any contact with them in over 10 years).

I would really like to know whether it is worth them trying to move out here? The only money they have (give or a take a few grand) is the money in their house 170kGBP.

Mum is on tablets for high blood pressure but they are both really 'young' and active.

Any advise would be great thanks guys,

Louise
Hi Louise

You might be better off putting this to the Immigration forum as that's where the Migration Agents tend to hang out.

I'm not sure where you'd stand for the contributoty parent visa as you'd need a balance of family and it looks like your parents may not pass that part of the criteria however this isn't a cut and dry case as your brother is adopted [so I'd imagine a legal child of your parents]....yet you don't know his whereabouts so it's difficult to determine the balance of family....

Then there's the retirement visa. This is a temporary 4 year vcisa I believe and you need a lot of money in assets and I'm not sure £170k would be enough?

There may be the last remaining relative visa...however not sure how this works I'm afraid.

Sorry I can't help and I do hope you find a way....and as I say, perhaps if you post this on the immigration forum you'll have more of a response.

Good luck!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

'Last remaining relative' does not apply for parents as far as I know.

G
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
'Last remaining relative' does not apply for parents as far as I know.

G
I wasn't sure G.

I thought you could go for the last remaining relative visa if there was one parent alive and you were the only remaining relative left [in Aus] i.e you were repatriated so that you could look aftet that person. Not sure this is the case if both parents are alive though as technically the other spouse is there to look after them

Anyways, all gobbledeegook to me....but I'm sure we'll find out....
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
I wasn't sure G.

I thought you could go for the last remaining relative visa if there was one parent alive and you were the only remaining relative left [in Aus] i.e you were repatriated so that you could look aftet that person. Not sure this is the case if both parents are alive though as technically the other spouse is there to look after them

Anyways, all gobbledeegook to me....but I'm sure we'll find out....
If you look at the answer to this question on the Immigration forum...it confirms that parents can not be sponsored as 'last remaining relative'.

I thought that was the case but did not want to be too dogmatic as I am no expert.

G
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you look at the answer to this question on the Immigration forum...it confirms that parents can not be sponsored as 'last remaining relative'.

I thought that was the case but did not want to be too dogmatic as I am no expert.

G
Oh dear...poor lass...I hope there are other avenues available for her?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:35 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Oh dear...poor lass...I hope there are other avenues available for her?
so do I! thanks guys for your help I've took it to the 'other side' on the immigration forum.

Louise
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ljj
so do I! thanks guys for your help I've took it to the 'other side' on the immigration forum.

Louise
Good luck Louise and let us know how you get on