Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parent Nightmare 3 ...the light at the end of the tunnel

Parent Nightmare 3 ...the light at the end of the tunnel

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:00 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Parent Nightmare 3 ...the light at the end of the tunnel

Mother has now put away a chunk of dosh into a savings account, to draw from so she can visit us each year when we get there !!!

I'm quite gobsmaked, she's talking about how lovely it will be next Easter to come out. She's had the flu and I think Aliens have come in the night.......
She has booked to go away at Christmas to a posh hotel so she is not on her own come Christmas.

I'm now in danger of liking my Mother again which means I'll probably miss her - damn - poor thing can't do right for doing wrong!!

Jill

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Nightmare 3 ...the light at the end of the tunnel

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Mother has now put away a chunk of dosh into a savings account, to draw from so she can visit us each year when we get there !!!

I'm quite gobsmaked, she's talking about how lovely it will be next Easter to come out. She's had the flu and I think Aliens have come in the night.......
She has booked to go away at Christmas to a posh hotel so she is not on her own come Christmas.

I'm now in danger of liking my Mother again which means I'll probably miss her - damn - poor thing can't do right for doing wrong!!

Jill
Tricky Blighters parents

G
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill
hi there,
glad to hear that things are working out with your mum, could you direct those aliens to my mums house !!
i am having a nightmare with mine i know it must be hard for her but the spitefull coments and emotional blackmail is doing my head in !! its now been nearly 2 years since we first told her we wanted to emigrate and she still hasnt exepted it !!
lucy

Last edited by wombat; Jan 23rd 2004 at 8:33 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:58 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill
I'm with you on this one..Mine cam round today and showed her the med request and where it said they do not require a bond..as she was leaving she said ' well I won't have to give you so much going away money now will I?'

Have no idea what she is talking about but I liked her 'new' attitude.

My heart went out to her it really did it must be horrible for them mustn't it? I can only imagine - feeling torn tonight. If it was my two I'd be heartbroken but pleased for them.

Oh it's a hard one isn't it?