Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parent 804 visa question

Parent 804 visa question

Old Jan 12th 2019, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Parent 804 visa question

Hi, just a quick question about applying for this visa, my mum is going to apply for it, she has 2 kids, me and my brother and obvouisly meets the 50% balance test, but she has a partner and they have been together for 2 years, he has 4 grown children who live in the UK, are they taken into account if they both apply but my mum is main applicant?

thanks for any response!
Old Jan 12th 2019, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent 804 visa question

Assessing the BoF test – all children

When assessing if at least half the applicant’s children are eligible children, and all the children and step children of the parent and, if applicable, the parent’s spouse or de facto partner, is counted. This does not take into account whether the children are dependent or not.

Step children who are from the applicant’s current spouse or de facto partner are counted in the BoF test. Step children from previous relationships may be included in the BoF test if they are under 18 years of age and the applicant has a parenting, guardianship or custody order.

Children who are born outside a partner relationship from other casual, polygamous or other concurrent partner relationships are not counted.

Deceased children are not counted in the BoF test.

Taken from https://www.australiavisa.com/immigr...f-family-test/. So if the partner is also applying, his kids are taken into account.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:26 pm
Banned

BFrost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parent 804 visa question

Yes, she can be the main applicant, but your mum must meet the balance-of-family test. You meet the balance of family test if:
  • at least half of your children and step-children are eligible children, or
  • there are more eligible children living in Australia than in any other single country
then check this procedures: