Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paramedic jobs in Queensland

Paramedic jobs in Queensland

Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paramedic jobs in Queensland

We are emigrating within the next 12 months to Queensland, my wife is a nurse so we don't anticipate she will have problems getting a job, but does anyone out there know how to get a job as a Paramedic. I have 23 years experience on the ambulance service in the UK and 15 of those as a Paramedic. Ronnie.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Paramedic jobs in Queensland

Hi Ronnie,

Have sent you a personal email message via this site.

Keebs
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:48 pm
skye

Hi!

If you visit www.ambulance.qld.gov.au - all the information you need is on this site including recruiting UK Paramedics, download the application pack and guidance notes and start your application. There are a few of us on this site already going through the process and if you search the threads you will find most of the information you need. PM if you need any help! - we are about 5 months into the process and its seems to take ages!!!!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Keebs and Skye for your messages - were very helpful we are coming out on my wifes skill visa so we will probably be in touch again Thanks Ronnie and Deb
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:11 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skye
Hi!

If you visit www.ambulance.qld.gov.au - all the information you need is on this site including recruiting UK Paramedics, download the application pack and guidance notes and start your application. There are a few of us on this site already going through the process and if you search the threads you will find most of the information you need. PM if you need any help! - we are about 5 months into the process and its seems to take ages!!!!!!
Hi all,

Sorry to butt in... I too, have all the paperwork in front of me ready to make my initial application to QAS.. Skye, can I ask what visa you have applied for?? What happens next after the application is submitted??

Cheers,

sla453
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Sla453,

I've just sent you a pm via this site.

Keebs
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:17 am
Just Joined

StueyF is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine came over from the UK with her boyfriend. From heresay from them industries like paramedics and emergency services can be very hard to get into as there are plenty of Australians applying and they tend to be favoured to UK applicants. I dont know how true this is.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:09 am
skye

We had an email yesterday from Qeensland Ambulance Service to say they are coming over to the UK in mid marcht o conduct interviews for applications so far. Both my partner and I have applied so the next month needs to go nice and quickly so we know what we have in front of us!!!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:50 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skye
We had an email yesterday from Qeensland Ambulance Service to say they are coming over to the UK in mid marcht o conduct interviews for applications so far. Both my partner and I have applied so the next month needs to go nice and quickly so we know what we have in front of us!!!!!!
Blimey... better get my application in quick
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:03 am
skye

you better had! - we have waited five months so far..... partner has completed all checks (police, medical etc), there seems quite a few looking at going !