Pap Smear

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pap Smear

Been for my first Smear test here in OZ, and I get the results back in a few days. I’m a bit concerned as a few years ago I had severe abnormalities and I had to have a Large Loop Excision of the Cervix. Which was done through the NHS. It was all done very quickly. I know I shouldn’t feel like this but I have been having a few tale tale signs that something’s not right. What happens if my results come back abnormal again. We have no private health insurance. Would it cost me to have the treatment over here.

From a nervous Stacey

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Sep 3rd 2007 at 3:04 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pap Smear

Great Thread title!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Well i didn't see no point in beating around the bush

Stacey
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

Stacey
Literally! You can go public or private, your GP/Nurse will advise you of any costs if it comes to needing any extra stuff!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:17 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if my results come back abnormal again. We have no private health insurance. Would it cost me to have the treatment over here.
If you're in Oz on a permanent visa you are entitled to Medicare, which means any hospital treatment will be free.

Gina
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

kookaburra717 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had no private health insurance in Oz - no problems ever with having my health needs looked after. I hope there is nothing wrong with your results but if there is you will be pointed in the right direction.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:38 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey
No, the doctor would do that!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I'm surprised given the title of this thread that there has not been more of this!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

I can't understand what you find so funny. I wished now i hadn't of bothered putting the thread on.

Stacey
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:12 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Peurile humour Stacey, it's no laughing matter at all. I too have had treatment in the past and can understand how you feel. You will get good treatment under medicare if there is anything wrong. Don't let them stop you asking.

Lou
xx

I can't understand what you find so funny. I wished now i hadn't of bothered putting the thread on.

Stacey
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:23 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Stacey, I'm sure you're worried out of your mind, but don't be, it seems that this has been caught early enough for treatment.
What you do is tell your Gynie that you want any procedure done in a public hospital. The care will be excellent (I'm speaking from experience here!) and it won't cost you anything.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:38 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stacey,

I hope your results will come back ok! Even if you don't
have any tell tale signs it's always in the back of your
mind until you get the results.

What is the procedure about having a pap smear done
in OZ. I live in the Netherlands and over here it's a
government arranged program where you get an invitation
every 5 years. You just go to your GP and the pap smear
is done, sent to the lab and after 3 weeks or so you get
the results.

Is it like this in OZ and - just being curious - how did it
work in the UK?

Anyway, good luck Tracey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Miranda
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:06 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Oh, you've reminded me I need to get one done. I had an abnormal one about 5 years ago and treatment - I hadn't realised it was as bad as it was until we had our visa medicals and I got my medical records from the GP and the referral letter said 'urgent, CIN 2/3' all over it

I do remember reading though, and remember them telling me at the colposcopy that it's really rare for it to come back after treatment, it's something like 99% sucessful.

I hope that the results are clear - at least they'll come back fairly quickly, seem to remember at least a 6 week wait each time in the UK.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Stacey,

I hope your results will come back ok! Even if you don't
have any tell tale signs it's always in the back of your
mind until you get the results.

What is the procedure about having a pap smear done
in OZ. I live in the Netherlands and over here it's a
government arranged program where you get an invitation
every 5 years. You just go to your GP and the pap smear
is done, sent to the lab and after 3 weeks or so you get
the results.

Is it like this in OZ and - just being curious - how did it
work in the UK?

Anyway, good luck Tracey, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Miranda
Hi Miranda

It's very similar in the UK, but i think they write to you every 3 years. Depends how old you are and the results can take up to six weeks to come back.

I'm not sure how it works here. I have to be tested every year now, so i took it upon myself to book my Smear test. The receptionist said if i didn't hear anything about my results within a week then the test were all fine. I don't know if they will write to me in the future to remind me of my next smear. But i know now how important these test are and i will make sure I'm tested every year.

Stacey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.