panorama programme on BBC1 tonight

panorama programme on BBC1 tonight

Old Jul 24th 2003, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: panorama programme on BBC1 tonight

Originally posted by Wilf
I mean Scotland.
My apologies!!I tend to rant when thinking someone is promoting life in the south east.Most parts of scotland are still excellent if you can hack the rain.My opinion is that the best area in scotland is argyle,west coast.The area is unpopulated and has the best unspoiled scenery(within reasonable distance of city)that I have come across.I went for adrive in march of about 35 miles through the hills and nothing and I mean nothing had changed since the seventies.GREATER london on the other hand is loosing the plot,I`ve been here for 23 years and the difference is unbelievable.People here are buying up spain and the med because they realise what is happening and are looking for an escape route.Anybody in oz moving back to work in the south east should come over and do the commute thing for afew days and go to different areas it may be a surprise.The last 4 years have seen the changes move up a gear,things are out of control.You can still earn bundles of money but sometimes people need more than that.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 11:32 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

To my mind, when the areas are predominantly white English, say, the trouble makers (and gang members) are white English - gangs do not vanish if there are no vietnamese or chinese around. Indeed, gangs generally exist in the countries ahead of their getting there in the first place. This film gangs of new york is not about vietnamese or chinese is it? So to say, as you seemed to, that this is a particuarly asian problem is not correct, to my mind. It is a young violent man problem and they come in all shapes and sizes.

We will leave out girl gangs because I am sure we can agree on one thing Tim - we both wouldn't mind being surrounded by a gang of baying girls. If they are game, I am willing to take my chances and if I come out in one piece I will have really been cheated.
I totally agree Wilf, gangs can exist within any society regardless of ethnicity.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

We will leave out girl gangs because I am sure we can agree on one thing Tim - we both wouldn't mind being surrounded by a gang of baying girls. If they are game, I am willing to take my chances and if I come out in one piece I will have really been cheated.
Oh I don't know about that Wilf. We had one very high-profile case in BC where a gang of girls (white I believe) attacked, beat and eventually drowned a 15-year-old Asian girl. Very disturbing. And yes I do realise that gangs are not restricted to Asians.

I mean, after all, there's all that emerging Russian gang activity
Old Jul 27th 2003, 11:45 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jockney
People here are buying up spain and the med because they realise what is happening and are looking for an escape route.Anybody in oz moving back to work in the south east should come over and do the commute thing for afew days and go to different areas it may be a surprise.The last 4 years have seen the changes move up a gear,things are out of control.You can still earn bundles of money but sometimes people need more than that.
Yes Brits are buying more homes abroad because they have the wealth to do it , if you are stupid enough to think income does not matter in Australia God help you.