- Panicking

Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

peeko is on a distinguished road
Default - Panicking

Hello everyone,

My name is Peeko and I live in Dublin, Ireland. My situation is as follows and I would love if some of you could give me advise!

I have a brother in Australia, he has residency (he has 2 children there). I have just sold my house in Ireland and invested my stake in a house in Australia. We had to move quick on the deal because we wanted to snap up the land, It's 20 acres by the sea 15 minutes from Byron Bay.

Now I'm absolutely freaking out about how I'm going to get a Visa. I know this is all my fault for not investigating things properly. I was just so excited at the prospects of buying 20 Acres near the sea.

As far as Visa's are concerned, I've used my 1 year working Visa about 2-3 years ago. And I should be eligible for the skilled migration visa. But from what I've read this could take some time and I was hoping to move over as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry for jumping on and just firing out a load of questions but I'm really panicking here now, as I've sold my house here and will be paying for a mortgage in Australia very soon!

Can you please let me know what my best options are? Can I get access to the country with my brother living there? Or is a skilled migration visa my only chance. And if so, which is the best company to go with?

Thanks all for reading this and I'm hoping you can help me!
Peeko

(btw, I'll be a great addition to this forum once the panic attack is at bay!)
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Re: - Panicking

Originally Posted by peeko
Hello everyone,

My name is Peeko and I live in Dublin, Ireland. My situation is as follows and I would love if some of you could give me advise!

I have a brother in Australia, he has residency (he has 2 children there). I have just sold my house in Ireland and invested my stake in a house in Australia. We had to move quick on the deal because we wanted to snap up the land, It's 20 acres by the sea 15 minutes from Byron Bay.

Now I'm absolutely freaking out about how I'm going to get a Visa. I know this is all my fault for not investigating things properly. I was just so excited at the prospects of buying 20 Acres near the sea.

As far as Visa's are concerned, I've used my 1 year working Visa about 2-3 years ago. And I should be eligible for the skilled migration visa. But from what I've read this could take some time and I was hoping to move over as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry for jumping on and just firing out a load of questions but I'm really panicking here now, as I've sold my house here and will be paying for a mortgage in Australia very soon!

Can you please let me know what my best options are? Can I get access to the country with my brother living there? Or is a skilled migration visa my only chance. And if so, which is the best company to go with?

Peeko

My husbands brother lives in Adelaide, he is sponsering us.
Could your brother sponser you?
Have got a profession that is on the MODL?
If he could and if you are you could get one quite quickish, but if not im sorry but it takes a long time, like ours we submitted all our forms in beginning of Feb and were still waiting for our visas which should be any day i hope, but that was with an agent!!
Good Luck though with your quest.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ormrod7
My husbands brother lives in Adelaide, he is sponsering us.
Could your brother sponser you?
Have got a profession that is on the MODL?
If he could and if you are you could get one quite quickish, but if not im sorry but it takes a long time, like ours we submitted all our forms in beginning of Feb and were still waiting for our visas which should be any day i hope, but that was with an agent!!
Good Luck though with your quest.
Thanks for the reply Ormrod. Yes I'm pretty sure my brother could sponsor me! Would this still be part of the Skilled migration Visa? Which agent company did you use? I just submitted some forms to gomatilta.com. I see some peeps in here recommend them.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply Ormrod. Yes I'm pretty sure my brother could sponsor me! Would this still be part of the Skilled migration Visa? Which agent company did you use? I just submitted some forms to gomatilta.com. I see some peeps in here recommend them.

Yeah we are on a 138 Skilled Sponsered
Yeah i ve seen alot of people on here using Go Matilda they sound very good. Im sorry but i would nt recommend mine as he was nt that nice.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:14 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

What is it you do work-wise?

I was led to believe that if you get a job offer, you can use it to get a work permit visa of sorts, go to Oz and start working, and then apply for residency once you are there. However, best check this with a migration agent first as i am not 100% sure.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

I work as a Software Test Engineer Baz.

I hope so much I can get this sorted soon! What are my best expectations timewise would anyone know?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone,

Peeko

Hi Peeko

From Galway myself. Go Matilda will defo point you in the right direction. If you have enough points, go for the 136 - its definitely quicker than the 138 sponsored because you don't have to go down the whole Centrelink/Bond route. Get your paperwork together as quick as you can, eg. Have you been employed in same profession for the last three years out of four and the last twelve months out of eighteen, etc., etc. Get employer refs sorted. Unfortunately, for permanent residency, there's no quicker (or better)route, as far as I know, but the very best of luck to you. Michelle x
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an expert but I believe you can use British passport (or probably Irish, if that's what you have) to go to Australia for up to three months. That can sometimes be extended to six.
During that time, you can apply for jobs and your employers-to-be can then sponsor your visa application and do it that way. I don't know how fast it would be (see other people's stories of snail-paced sponsorship) but it might be an option to look in to! Of course you would have to consider the cost of repeat flights, potentially, if you had to leave again after three months. But if you could stay with bro then you might save on rent/bills?
Good luck with it whatever you do!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,

Peeko

Have you thought about going to one of the skilled expos in either London or Manchester, you can meet up with employers there and you may get over quicker than a 136 visa.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Have you thought about going to one of the skilled expos in either London or Manchester, you can meet up with employers there and you may get over quicker than a 136 visa.
hey brissydeb

thanks for the post and the pm! it makes me feel a lot better about the choices I made. it all seems crazy scary at the moment. I went to a skilled expo that came to Dublin 2 weeks ago. but unfortunately the there is a lack of people looking for people with my exact skill. none that will sponsor me outright anyway.

Michelle thank you also. I hope Go Matilda will be the right choice! And I hope I have the skills needed to get in. I've kinda jumped around jobs the last 3 years Before that I was in a company for 3-4 years. Eek!

esperanza, I'm heading over in March to see this new spot of land I've gotten, I'm hoping that I can find a company that will show some interest while I'm there. that or become a professional poker player win 12 million and buy my way in!

so it's looking from what you guys are saying that having my brother there doesn't seem to be of much benefit, other than the points he will add onto my Skilled Migration forms. I was hoping he could out right sponsor me. If he was a citizen would that help?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi

we started our visa in march with overseas emigration, can highly recommend, we should have our visas about xmas we think, so 10 months all in, may seem like a long time but it is'nt really. we are going on a skilled migrant visa.

Good luck

Beth
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

The quickest way is to get a job and get them to sponsor you on a temp visa (can last for 4 years) you can be there in 6 weeks this way and during the time you work there you can apply for the PR. Problem is that you have to stay with that company for the time you're there until you get your PR!

Good luck
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caleb2003
The quickest way is to get a job and get them to sponsor you on a temp visa (can last for 4 years) you can be there in 6 weeks this way and during the time you work there you can apply for the PR. Problem is that you have to stay with that company for the time you're there until you get your PR!

Good luck
thanks beth, thanks caleb 10 months is not so bad really, but might just be a little awkward! Hope to hear back from Go Matilda soon enough, if not I'll check out overseas emigration. And I'll also try get a j o b to sponsor me while I'm over there!

Thanks for all your replies folks. Is there any other good agents worth checking out?

Thanks
Peeko
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,

Peeko

Bloody hell - that is what they call the cart before the horse - I am also Irish but have lived in London for years. Suggest you talk to firstcontact - based in London. I used them and I got my visa in 8 months start to finish. If they can't help you they may be able to recommend someone in Ireland. It is not going to happen overnight and if you are going to live in Oz I advise you to get it right in terms of visa - and remember you have the rest of your life to sort this out. Good luck. Sue
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,

Peeko

Bloody hell - that is what they call the cart before the horse - I am also Irish but have lived in London for years. Suggest you talk to 1stcontact - based in London. I used them and I got my visa in 8 months start to finish. If they can't help you they may be able to recommend someone in Ireland. It is not going to happen overnight and if you are going to live in Oz I advise you to get it right in terms of visa - and remember you have the rest of your life to sort this out. Good luck. Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.