Panic sets in!

Old Jan 21st 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Panic sets in!

Hi all, story so far....got visas last May, had a rush job to "do up" the house and finally got it on the market in August, sold in about 4 weeks but then the house sale fell through in November. We then had the quiet Christmas period but managed to sell again in the first week of January. Having had one house sale fall through we've been a lot more cautious this time and have Plan B in reserve, if things look wonky we'll be booking a holiday over Easter to validate the visas. We're reluctant to do anything until exchange of contracts "just in case", BUT talking to the estate agents today the people who are moving into our house (we hope) want to move either 14th or 21st of February. So, it's just hit me like a sledge hammer how much there is to do before then, without doing too much until after exchange. Just wondering if anyone has any lists of "jobs to do" or anything it's easy to overlook, or any advice. HELP!
Old Jan 21st 2003, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Perthbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panic sets in!

Possibly spend less time on the net, and more time doing all those jobs.......hehe
Old Jan 21st 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Matt & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Loopy

We have just moved out of our house. These are a few things that we had to do and have done:

Usual house moving stuff, cancelled electricity, gas etc

Opened a bank account with the Commonwealth Bank, transferred house proceeds, now waiting patiently until the pound gets stronger!!!

Got reference's from mortgage company to say that we are good payers, also references from insurance companies to confirm our no claims bonus's

Copies of medical records and vaccination records for our daughter as you need to show these before your child can attend school.

Contacted school and requested an up to date school report.

Arranged shipping and insurance, all sorted, stuff at Warehouse waiting to be shipped.

Cancelled child benefit, paid all outstanding bills etc.

Applied for tax file no. on line see www.gomatilda.com

Booked flights!!! 19th Feb 2003 - Oh my god only 28 days to go..

Think that's it, mind starting to go blank!! if i remeber anything else will let you know. Good luck with the move and I hope it all goes ok for you.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x

Old Jan 21st 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Panic

Hi Perthbound - you sound just like my hubby! Got to take a break from the panic though!!

Jo and Matt, thanks for that list, there were a couple of things that hadn't crossed my mind like refs from mortgage and insurance Cos and cancelling child benefit. Ooops!

There's just so much to do and so much uncertainty still - better make a list!

Jo and Matt - good luck with your final move too - are you staying with reles at the moment?
Old Jan 21st 2003, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Mat n Jo,
Sooo much to do..............looks like you got your heads screwed on - who's the organised one??

Mash

Mash..
[i]
Think that's it, mind starting to go blank!! if i remeber anything else will let you know. Good luck with the move and I hope it all goes ok for you.

Love Jo, Matt and Jemma x