Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Originally Posted by marson
Hi Biscuit,

I'm in Newquay, and had to phone a lot of Panel Doctors, and the only one with space was Bristol, and so I booked, but now I've got this info from you, I'm a bit annoyed with them, I wrote everything down about the quote, and although it's not much, I'd rather had been told the truth by them.

1st call in the morning to Bath, incase there is space !
2nd call to Bristol, asking for the correct quote and possibly cancellation.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Mike
Mike,

Keep me informed on this because if they gave ME the wrong info it means that I have booked to go to Bath for no reason and seeing as I live not far from the Bristol Docs I will go down and give them what for!!

BTW Bath do seem more professional on the phone and their approach try looking at their website: www.pulteney.co.uk and follow the link for emigration.

The xrays can ONLY be done at Litfield House as per the immi.gov.au Panel Doctors guide.

Biscuit63
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:09 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Whats this all about? I took no copies of treatments to mine....did i miss something
It's just what was typed on a pre-attendance letter from the panel doctor we are going to see. I presume it's so they have evidence of any problems being treated and to make it easier for them to decide whether you need further examination etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by biscuit63
Mike,

Keep me informed on this because if they gave ME the wrong info it means that I have booked to go to Bath for no reason and seeing as I live not far from the Bristol Docs I will go down and give them what for!!

BTW Bath do seem more professional on the phone and their approach try looking at their website: www.pulteney.co.uk and follow the link for emigration.

The xrays can ONLY be done at Litfield House as per the immi.gov.au Panel Doctors guide.

Biscuit63
Hi,
Been on the phone to Bristol again today;

2 x Adults £50 each Southville
2 x Kids £25 each Southville
2 x Bloods £20 each Taken at Southville, tested at Nuffield Bristol
2 x XRays £50 each Litfield Place, Clifton

So yes, They forgot the blood test costs,

Our total is not £250 but £290 for 2 adults and 2 kiddies.

Mike
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marson
Hi,
Been on the phone to Bristol again today;

2 x Adults £50 each Southville
2 x Kids £25 each Southville
2 x Bloods £20 each Taken at Southville, tested at Nuffield Bristol
2 x XRays £50 each Litfield Place, Clifton

So yes, They forgot the blood test costs,

Our total is not £250 but £290 for 2 adults and 2 kiddies.

Mike
Hi,

Thanks for that. This is different to the info I was given, in fact I wrote it down at the time and have just checked! The woman couldn't tell me how much the Bloods were but did talk about BUPA in Clifton (Nuffield) and suggested that's where I had to go for the Bloods to be taken?

I hope all goes well for your meds, I would be interested to know if it does work out to £290 all in as this is very cheap compared to others I've read about?! I'll be pretty p*****d off though, if it is! Good job my future employer is paying the bills otherwise I'd be even more

cheers

Biscuit63
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Just called the Doctor in our area on Panel list, there booked up solid, what to do know, can i use any doctor on the list even though i don't live in that area.? Any one else experience this problem.
We went to London - just off Harley Street. It was so organised as we had the x-rays in one building and then walked around the corner for our medicals.
The added advantage was that they were open on a Saturday so no-one had to miss school or work etc. We then spent the rest of the day enjoying London.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pmntchambers
We went to London - just off Harley Street. It was so organised as we had the x-rays in one building and then walked around the corner for our medicals.
The added advantage was that they were open on a Saturday so no-one had to miss school or work etc. We then spent the rest of the day enjoying London.
Hi,

Can you recall which one in Harley St, there's a few on the list? We'd like to do a Sat.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:59 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biscuit63
I'm from Bristol and couldn't get a suitable appt at the Southmead Doc's so am off to Bath next week, plus although the Bristol one sounds cheaper they don't include Blood tests in their price it's just they examination, Bath charge an all up fee of £115 per adult and £55 per child (which is double that of Bristol!?)

Biscuit63
That is so cheap last year I paid 200 quid for mine at Gatwick

Kala
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by warbs4
Hi,

Can you recall which one in Harley St, there's a few on the list? We'd like to do a Sat.

Thanks
Hi

Not having the list with the panel of doctors in front of me, from memory I think it is called the Travel Screening Services. It does actually state that they are open on Saturdays. If you phone them they will advise of the x-ray people to use. In fact they even sent our medicals direct to the Australian High Commission. Very hassle free!

If you would like any further information, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Michelle