Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice
Unhappy Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Just called the Doctor in our area on Panel list, there booked up solid, what to do know, can i use any doctor on the list even though i don't live in that area.? Any one else experience this problem.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:49 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Just called the Doctor in our area on Panel list, there booked up solid, what to do know, can i use any doctor on the list even though i don't live in that area.? Any one else experience this problem.
Not an expert but pretty sure you should be able to use any panel doctor. Just need to get copies of any treatments etc from your GP. I'm going to one in Preston next week and they booked me in with no problems at all. Best of luck.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:50 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

You can use any Doctor that you fancy driving to! Try Gloucester or Cardiff or if you could make it at short notice say you would be willing to take a cancellation. There do tend to be a lot of these as people's plans change as we all know!

Binbird
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

tracy dodds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, our most local panel doc was booked until end april so we went to Dr Goodall in Southampton last week, he was able to fit us in within 2 weeks (he does emigration meds everyday whereas some of the panel Dr's only do them one day a week). Xrays were done at RHCH in Winchester a couple of days before the meds as we could also get an appointment quite quick there (they don't book any further than 3 weeks ahead). We were told by them that it doesn't matter where you get the meds done as long as it is with a panel Dr.

Hope this helps and good luck with your meds
Tracy
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:20 pm
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough

Try the bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. We went there and they were fantastic and very accomodating. They do x-rays and then the meds.It is only an hour and a bit along the M4. Their number is 01628 760900. Good luck
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:30 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Try College Way surgery in Taunton, no worries! Getting the patter already,13 days to go and cracked the lingo!!
ViVi
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Bristol and couldn't get a suitable appt at the Southmead Doc's so am off to Bath next week, plus although the Bristol one sounds cheaper they don't include Blood tests in their price it's just they examination, Bath charge an all up fee of £115 per adult and £55 per child (which is double that of Bristol!?)

Biscuit63
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

We live in Lincoln, but went to london for our meds and made a weekend of it!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice
Smile Re: Panel Doctor booked up solid!!!

Originally Posted by biscuit63
I'm from Bristol and couldn't get a suitable appt at the Southmead Doc's so am off to Bath next week, plus although the Bristol one sounds cheaper they don't include Blood tests in their price it's just they examination, Bath charge an all up fee of £115 per adult and £55 per child (which is double that of Bristol!?)

Biscuit63
What was the wait like with the Bath clinic. The southmead clinic is that the one on Cornonation Road or are you talking about a diff one. If so which as i could only see one Bristol doctor. I will try bath clinic tomorrow.

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Lesley Elsdon is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our medicals in Feb. We chose the cheapest in a nearby area. There can be quite a difference in prices! It does not matter where you go as long as you use a panel Doctor. Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

What was the wait like with the Bath clinic. The southmead clinic is that the one on Cornonation Road or are you talking about a diff one. If so which as i could only see one Bristol doctor. I will try bath clinic tomorrow.

Thanks
There was a 7 day wait for Bath depending on the number of Adults/children and suitablility of timings etc. We had our X-Rays done today at Litfield House in Clifton (£100 for two) and are booked in to Bath next Thursday morning. Bath was an extra £40 for the X-Rays over Bristol.

No I was talking about the one on Coronation Road, but as I said Blood tests where extra and done at the BUPA hospital in Clifton I think they said.

All in all the total cost for 2+2 is £440 (meds, blood tests and x-rays). Also if your going to work in healthcare or have tattoos you have to have the Hep B or C test which will be extra (approx £25).

Regards

Biscuit63
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Biscuit63

Strange, I'm booked in for the 30th of March at Bristol, all in £250 inc. bloods & X-rays for 2 adults, &2 kids;

I will double check to make sure I'm not being misquoted and get back to you.

Does Bath include X-Rays for the £115 ? (an all up fee)

Mike
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marson
Strange, I'm booked in for the 30th of March at Bristol, all in £250 inc. bloods & X-rays for 2 adults, &2 kids;

I will double check to make sure I'm not being misquoted and get back to you.

Does Bath include X-Rays for the £115 ? (an all up fee)

Mike

Mike,

When I rang Coronation Road that gave me a price of £100 per adult and £25 per child (hence half the price for children than Bath) but after I quizzed them the woman said that that was for the medical examination only! Bloods etc and x-rays can only be done by the panel doctor at Litfield House.

I had both x-rays at Litfield House today (2 adults) and very quickly became £100 poorer. The £115 at Bath includes meds and blood tests, therefore, for 2 adults and 2 children it's £340.

Regards

Biscuit63
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Mike,

When I rang Coronation Road that gave me a price of £100 per adult and £25 per child (hence half the price for children than Bath) but after I quizzed them the woman said that that was for the medical examination only! Bloods etc and x-rays can only be done by the panel doctor at Litfield House.

I had both x-rays at Litfield House today (2 adults) and very quickly became £100 poorer. The £115 at Bath includes meds and blood tests, therefore, for 2 adults and 2 children it's £340.

Regards

Biscuit63
Hi Biscuit,

I'm in Newquay, and had to phone a lot of Panel Doctors, and the only one with space was Bristol, and so I booked, but now I've got this info from you, I'm a bit annoyed with them, I wrote everything down about the quote, and although it's not much, I'd rather had been told the truth by them.

1st call in the morning to Bath, incase there is space !
2nd call to Bristol, asking for the correct quote and possibly cancellation.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Mike
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Just need to get copies of any treatments etc from your GP.
Whats this all about? I took no copies of treatments to mine....did i miss something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.