Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paltalk for all on forum.... speak to each other!

Paltalk for all on forum.... speak to each other!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:30 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Paltalk for all on forum.... speak to each other!

How`s this for an idea..... it`s much simpler when you can actually speak to people to get across questions/answers/laughter/tears etc etc, but we can`t afford to all phone each other....

So why don`t you all go to http://www.paltalk.com and download/install the free software for pc voice and video communication (it only costs if you want to have streaming video and create permanent chat rooms).

Then you can all post your nick in here (or just pm to the ppl you want to talk to) and use your pc to talk to ppl all around the world for help/friendship.

Paltalk is also a great way to keep in touch with family overseas. We bought my wife`s parents (in Perth) a pc and my wife talks to them on paltalk nearly every day. Saved a fortune in phone bills that`s for sure.... plus we can turn the video on if we want to see them (but the voice suffers a bit), like at X`mas. Helps keep people less homesick as well.

Our nick is StormZup if you want to search for it. We are in the UK. Just mention the forum when you send a message asking to be added to the contacts list. We`ll then send you a little program called `holder` which makes paltalk easier to use (don`t have to hold a button down to talk).

No snoopware like MSN etc either.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:40 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

good luck !!!!
Theres already an IM software on this forum but it seems people prefer the boards to chatting.
I can say from experience that the voice chats can be quite funny at times.
I bunch of friends I know used to get on yahoo voice chat (about 10-12 of us), it was a laugh, especially on weekends where 3 continents of people got together in various stages of sobriety (ummmm drunkiness)
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:45 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

We have Novell messenger at work and I still cannot see the business reason but it can be a laugh. You can tell who is on by the sniggering.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:49 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

youre lucky to have any messenger at work !! most have firewalls up to the ying yangs and nothing works in the way of messengers
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
youre lucky to have any messenger at work !! most have firewalls up to the ying yangs and nothing works in the way of messengers
So they should and do. The messenger server is internal and a Groupwise option.