Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Painters In Melbourne

Painters In Melbourne

Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Question Painters In Melbourne

Hi,we are coming to Melbourne in September and I am looking to get a job as a painter and decorator,any painters out there looking to take anyone on,I have been self employed for last 7 years and been in trade for 20 years.Does anyone know of any painting or construction companies in Melbourne area..Thanks in advance Dave
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 4:44 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Painters In Melbourne

Hi

I moved out to Canberra in September 2004 and started a painting and decorating apprenticeship in Jan 2005. Its going great. I work for a big big big big company called Programmed maintenance services. They operate in all major cities in Australia, UK and New Zealand. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems getting a job with the Melbourne branch. The pay is good but you get allowances and they look after you.

Here is the website.

Keep us updated please.

Thomas

http://www.pmsltd.com.au/pms/index.php?p=home
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Painters In Melbourne

Originally Posted by turtletom
Hi

I moved out to Canberra in September 2004 and started a painting and decorating apprenticeship in Jan 2005. Its going great. I work for a big big big big company called Programmed maintenance services. They operate in all major cities in Australia, UK and New Zealand. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems getting a job with the Melbourne branch. The pay is good but you get allowances and they look after you.

Here is the website.

Keep us updated please.

Thomas

http://www.pmsltd.com.au/pms/index.php?p=home
Hi,thanks for your reply,will check that comany out,cheers Dave
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:30 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,we are coming to Melbourne in September and I am looking to get a job as a painter and decorator,any painters out there looking to take anyone on,I have been self employed for last 7 years and been in trade for 20 years.Does anyone know of any painting or construction companies in Melbourne area..Thanks in advance Dave
Painter and Dockers union in Melbourne? :scared:

They ARE all part of the gangland killing and shit you hear about!

Hopefully there are some genuine painters in Melbourne that aren't associated with that shit!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Painter and Dockers union in Melbourne? :scared:

They ARE all part of the gangland killing and shit you hear about!

Hopefully there are some genuine painters in Melbourne that aren't associated with that shit!
Hi,only if you dont pay your bills on time,cheers Dave
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:04 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,only if you dont pay your bills on time,cheers Dave
LOL Dave...but seriously get some objective advice. I don't know how much the Painters and Dockers are involved in gangland crime thesedays but historically more than a few heavyweight melbourne gangsters have had associations with this outfit.

Check out this site and read a few of the timeline/history links on the left side of the page. I think you will find them interesting.

http://www.melbournecrime.bizhosting...meline7080.htm
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I wondered why the last time we got our fence painted the guy had a gun.

Why not start up on your own out here Dave, all you need is an ABN

http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con...tent/50568.htm

You could practice on my hoose if ye like.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well if paint wasn't coming out of it...then guess it was a 'protection' device
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:41 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well if paint wasn't coming out of it...then guess it was a 'protection' device
Well I wasn't gonna ask "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me".
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:50 pm
Banned

Well I wasn't gonna ask "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me".
LOL! On a lighter note that guy Graham someone who was apparently a 'moderate' from the P&D union got gunned down outside his home in Kew as he was taking groceries into his house the other year.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:52 pm
The Godfather

LOL! On a lighter note that guy Graham someone who was apparently a 'moderate' from the P&D union got gunned down outside his home in Kew as he was taking groceries into his house the other year.
That would be Graham Kinnburgh, we have had half dozen or so knocked off since then.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Painters In Melbourne

Why not start up on your own out here Dave, all you need is an ABN

http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con...tent/50568.htm

You could practice on my hoose if ye like.
Hi,i was thinking about starting up on my own,want to get to know area first though,always feel more secure with a wage every week to get us started,not bringing a lot with us and no house to sell here so getting a job as soon as poss If Ican,been self employed here for seven years so fancy working for a company again,dont want to chase money in a new place,cheers Dave
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:22 am
Banned

That would be Graham Kinnburgh, we have had half dozen or so knocked off since then.
Yeh that's him. he was one of the 'old school' and apparently a bit of a peacemaker. But the gangland killings over the last few years have really been down to a group of younger guys wanting to make their mark and territory for the drugs business. Big illegal money = big risks.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:46 am
Just Joined

murphy54 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love painting good to hear that
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by murphy54
I love painting good to hear that
LOL. I think you will find that painting is still a legal occupation in OZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.