paint colours

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default paint colours

please can someone tell manafacturers of paint to put a realisitc colour chart on the tin or even to use the same colours in the sample pots.

In between painting and having a swift beer my nice coloured lemon paint is more like flurescent yellow, if i bought a lemon that colour i would think it was mutated

no not the beer is making my eyes distorted before u ask

arlene
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 8:26 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi desmund,
I,ve been working in the paint trade (albeight motor vehicles) for the past twenty years. We have the same problems with colour charts. The chart colours are not "actual paint " but a printed ink.
The ink is as close as colour pigmentation will allow and are only a rough guide. :lecture:

Arron

Adelaide soon please!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:18 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Talking

i can vouch for that also, but from the printers side. had to mark up artwork to match paint samples, it's a right pain in the rear.