Packing up

Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

daveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nicedaveandsarah is just really nice
Default Packing up

Hello all.

We're packing the house up as we spk and my head's spinning.
Please someone tell me what I need to remember to take with us on the plane.
I'm dreading packing something in the container that I need.

And what paperwork will need for renting a house ?? (sydney)
Passport
job offer/salary confirmation
??

Ta all
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Packing up

That's really exciting! Good luck with your move.

You won't need much on the plane but we couldn't have done without our laptop as a resource in our first couple of weeks here, and mobile phones that work in Oz!

For renting a place...hmmm, let me cast my mind back! Contract with an employer showing salary, passports, visa, things that prove your ID preferably with photo so UK driving licence will be needed. If you can get a bank account set up before you come then you can go in and get the card and use that for ID. You might have to ask your new employer to use their office address in the first instance because you need an address for various things. A medicare card can also be used as proof of ID so it helps to get that sorted asap when you arrive. I think we also showed our UK bank accounts and paperwork to show that we were now landlords ourselves (we rented out our UK property) and I know they passed this info on to our landlord here as a point in our favor.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveandsarah
Please someone tell me what I need to remember to take with us on the plane.
Passport
Money/credit card

That's it
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

A letter from your UK mortgage company stating that you are/were paying your bills on time would definitely be a positive tick in your favour.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

English chocolate...

And an essentials kit... Knife fork spoon cup for each traveller, a few very basic kitchen utensals... We brought one duvet cover each... And clothes Lots of warm clothes, its bloody freezing in australia...

What you take with on the plane depends on the gap you have between finding rental and container arriving, how much cash you have to set up...

What kind of accommodation will you be in when you FIRST arrive?

All important paperwork should travel in your hand luggage...

Laptop is an excellent idea... But be aware Virgin Bloody mobile sold us brand new phones in the uk that they PROMISED would work just fine in Australia... And they didnt.... And it was too much aggro what with finding rentals, no puter, 12,000 miles, to sort that out ...we eneded up buying cheapo here
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Are you going to try and buy a car in the first few weeks?
Proof of no-claims bonus from current insurer
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

A comfy pillow for the plane, and a box of weetabix NOT weetbix there shite here
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:01 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

check out www.realestate.com.au and try and get a rental on the go as the rental vacancy at present is at its all time low of just over 1% which means there are a lot of people searching and trying to secure a rental.you will most likely have to offer 6months rent up front or even sign for a year, just be carefull