Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers in Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th Jan) and VERY VERY Stressed!!

Packers in Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th Jan) and VERY VERY Stressed!!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:15 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Packers in Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th Jan) and VERY VERY Stressed!!

God the stress levels are very high!!! Cant believe I left so much to the last minute!!! Thought I was nearly there and then went into the Loft and gave myself a fright, so have spent the last two hours going through stuff and chucking it!!

Still not ready for their arrival tomorrow, have soooo much still to do!!!

Advice to all that are still to get the packers in, start preparing much earlier than ME.you will no doubt have loads more crap than you think you do!!!!

Can see I wont be hitting my bed till 2am at this rate!!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

StarJam will become famous soon enoughStarJam will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Packers in Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th Jan) and VERY VERY Stressed!!

I know exactly how you feel! We had our "farewell do" the day before thinking it would be a day thing and that we would have time to get things together in the evening... Hmnn several drinks later on into the night and a hangover from hell the next morning the packing men appeared
All I could do was point and say take that, that, that and that

Good Luck, hope that it all goes smoothly
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:53 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I really feel for you, the packing has to be the worst thing, with saying goodbye a very close second.

You'll get it done though and you'll be amazed that it all went in, don't worry about the "crap" they're good at packing that too (as we soon found out )
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:11 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
God the stress levels are very high!!! Cant believe I left so much to the last minute!!! Thought I was nearly there and then went into the Loft and gave myself a fright, so have spent the last two hours going through stuff and chucking it!!

Advice to all that are still to get the packers in, start preparing much earlier than ME.you will no doubt have loads more crap than you think you do!!!!

Been there and done that and don't want to do it again!!! While the packers were there I was still washing and drying clothes, scrubbing bikes and cleaning the hoover. So as they were loading the stuff I was handing them black plastic bags! Also car blew up the same time! Don't be too relentless and throw everything out cause we wished we had brought more. Extension leads would have been usefull that way we would have had to change only one plug!

All the best

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:16 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Been there and done that and don't want to do it again!!! While the packers were there I was still washing and drying clothes, scrubbing bikes and cleaning the hoover. So as they were loading the stuff I was handing them black plastic bags! Also car blew up the same time! Don't be too relentless and throw everything out cause we wished we had brought more. Extension leads would have been usefull that way we would have had to change only one plug!

All the best

Cheers

Ginny

Just about finished now, but will be the same tomorrow, forgot all about the bloody hoover!!! Have got extension leads though!! Will be running around like a nutter mind when they arrive!! Cant wait for this awful bit to be over!! This must be the worst bit of "The Move" surely!! Saying goodbye will be a piece of cake after this!! (Only joking!!!)

Cant stop crying it is the stupid things that set me off, the things I think will make me go, dont and the things I dont even think about make me ball my eyes out!! Had terrible sobs on Sunday when my 18 month old Nephew gave me the biggest hug ever and said I love you and I will miss you, well that was it, I was sobbing my heart out!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Just about finished now, but will be the same tomorrow, forgot all about the bloody hoover!!! Have got extension leads though!! Will be running around like a nutter mind when they arrive!! Cant wait for this awful bit to be over!! This must be the worst bit of "The Move" surely!! Saying goodbye will be a piece of cake after this!! (Only joking!!!)

Cant stop crying it is the stupid things that set me off, the things I think will make me go, dont and the things I dont even think about make me ball my eyes out!! Had terrible sobs on Sunday when my 18 month old Nephew gave me the biggest hug ever and said I love you and I will miss you, well that was it, I was sobbing my heart out!!
Same here couldn't stop crying whilst getting everything ready for the packers, all the memories. Couldn't stop crying when they left - tears of joy. Absolutley sick of sorting, thank god it was over.

good luck with everything

M
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:55 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
Extension leads would have been usefull that way we would have had to change only one plug!
Just to re-itterate - A very handy tip and saves a small fortune.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Just to re-itterate - A very handy tip and saves a small fortune.
I cried over pick n mix in Woolworths before we left. Stupid
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:47 am
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all

Good luck! John Mason said when they arrived at ours that they couldn't believe what a state it was, didn't have it all sectioned off, just had to keep running into to each room they were in and telling them what could go - they said its the worst case of being disorganised that they had seen!! so don't worry, they've seen it all!

Once that's out the way, then its the goodbyes, which is never easy, but then just think once you're on the plane, the stress does lift even if you don't know where you're heading, that's a breeze in comparison to what you've been through!

All the best!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:23 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy 2
Good luck! John Mason said when they arrived at ours that they couldn't believe what a state it was, didn't have it all sectioned off, just had to keep running into to each room they were in and telling them what could go - they said its the worst case of being disorganised that they had seen!! so don't worry, they've seen it all!

Once that's out the way, then its the goodbyes, which is never easy, but then just think once you're on the plane, the stress does lift even if you don't know where you're heading, that's a breeze in comparison to what you've been through!

All the best!
Thats a relief - Allied are coming on the 25th for me and I think i am pretty disorganised - might have to do the running about like you did but hopefully it will be ok.. At least it sounds like it gets better..
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

omg your all frightening :scared: :scared: :scared: ME!!!!!!!

Need more
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:05 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

I still have moments 7 months on of sobbing! You'll get there.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Don't panic - we've had the packers in for the last 2 days, they're coming to finish off tomorrow morning. They have been great.
They did a walk round with me so I could point at what not to take - I tried to gather it together as much as poss, to make it clear. If they weren't sure they asked - found me some important bank forms in fact, that could have easily got packed and lost!

We also had a "keeping" table in a corner that they knew not to pack anything off and we kept that there until the end so that as we found little bits and bobs we could put them safe on there.

I've been sorting and cleaning the entire time they've been packing, so much for 'close supervision'! But we have taken the approach that if we are friendly and keep them full of tea then hopefully they will do a good job for us. Got to wait three months to see how good though - Watch this space!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

petelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant future

Hi Toon Williams

We also have our packers coming tomorrow and we will also be glad when its done as I'm fed up with sorting and re-sorting especially when you don't have any boxes to put the stuff in. We bought some plastic crates with lids on from Sainsbury to make a start. Just have to keep smiling and laughing!!

I seem to remember seeing you say that you had done quite a few boot sales in Polegate so I think you must be local to us. Send me a PM perhaps we could meet before we both go. we fly out on 19th jan but to Brissy.

Best Wishes with it all and good luck in Adelaide.

Lisa