Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

packers have been

packers have been

Old May 21st 2004, 8:09 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default packers have been

Well thats it the packers came on wednesday, all was gone by 1.30 and we moved into our caravan. It all went to plan, although they have missed off 3 items on their list, that I've had to remind them of today. Managed to get the insurance sorted through another thread a while back, liverpool insurance services, for proffessionally packed it was 1.53% and if it was self packed it was slightly less. Very nice man (brian) at the end of the phone worked it all out for me.
Good week all in all, asked for the bond on tuesday so all going to plan. The house exchange went as planned as well, I'm just waiting for something to go wrong, but touch wood nothing has so far. I've even managed to hijack my brothers computer to use until we go. Which wont be until mid august, so I will be on here quite a bit.

Jenny
Old May 21st 2004, 8:42 pm
earlswood

Hope it continues to go well for you

Old May 21st 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya,

its good to get it all packed up and out the way. Its probably bobbing along the ocean right now! My stuffs in the boat infront!

good luck with everything, where you heading to?

dawnx
Old May 25th 2004, 7:08 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dawn a
hiya,

its good to get it all packed up and out the way. Its probably bobbing along the ocean right now! My stuffs in the boat infront!

good luck with everything, where you heading to?

dawnx
Perth if we manage to get the bond money over without our buyers solicitor cocking it all up.
Jenny
Old May 25th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: packers have been

Originally posted by jensteve
Well thats it the packers came on wednesday, all was gone by 1.30 and we moved into our caravan. It all went to plan, although they have missed off 3 items on their list, that I've had to remind them of today. Managed to get the insurance sorted through another thread a while back, liverpool insurance services, for proffessionally packed it was 1.53% and if it was self packed it was slightly less. Very nice man (brian) at the end of the phone worked it all out for me.
Good week all in all, asked for the bond on tuesday so all going to plan. The house exchange went as planned as well, I'm just waiting for something to go wrong, but touch wood nothing has so far. I've even managed to hijack my brothers computer to use until we go. Which wont be until mid august, so I will be on here quite a bit.

Jenny
hi Jenny/Steve....
Well done!! Who did you use to move you??
We are waiting for the house sale to be a little further along before getting packers in ... and am interested to find packers/shippers who have storage plans, as it seems your stuff will be in storage for a while?
We have had one quote for shipping, but they basically said that if we wanted storage, "ship it to Oz and store it there..." ... ot helpful if we send it BEFORE getting the visa!