Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pacific pines/maudsland/helensvale broadband?

Pacific pines/maudsland/helensvale broadband?

Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:51 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Pacific pines/maudsland/helensvale broadband?

I'm still on dialup in Pac Pines, we're moving to Maudsland and we may end up on dialup there too because it connects to the Oxenford exchange. Many parts of the oxenford exchange have no available ports.

I've met quite a few people so far in Pac pines (aussies and expats) who are stuck on dialup or have gone wireless.

Has anyone found a solution or heard about any future exchange upgrades at oxenford?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pacific pines/maudsland/helensvale broadband?

There is a government incentive for wireless broadband over that way, they fit an antenna and you get broadband wireless pretty cheap.

cant remember exactly who they are, byt they were advertised in the pac pines shopping centre ad board.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

yep,we are on wireless also,the whole broadband business was a nightmare!!
wireless seems to work ok for us even though we have some huge aerial on the roof!!!

Originally Posted by temptininnit
I'm still on dialup in Pac Pines, we're moving to Maudsland and we may end up on dialup there too because it connects to the Oxenford exchange. Many parts of the oxenford exchange have no available ports.

I've met quite a few people so far in Pac pines (aussies and expats) who are stuck on dialup or have gone wireless.

Has anyone found a solution or heard about any future exchange upgrades at oxenford?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:03 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

I don't think maudsland can have wireless bb yet.

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:49 pm
I've got time . . . . .

Ouch!! I've looked at the prices for wireless broadband compared to ADSL. i've just sent an email to Phil Gray who is the member for Gaven. Lets see if he can get anything done.

http://www.philgraygetsthingsdone.co...back/index.htm
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:28 am
I've got time . . . . .

His assistant says its a federal matter but because of the sheer volume of complaints about this they have started replying to complaints. The next person to try is

Federal Member is Liberal David Jull (Fadden). His office can be contacted on 5580 0355 or by e-mail to [email protected] . If the 'Australian Broadband Guarantee' service fails to provide an acceptable service, that is the best place to go. You may also want to consider contacting the Federal Labor Candidate for Fadden, Rana Watson, at [email protected] . I have previously spoken to Rana personally about the broadband issues in Gaven (Pacific Pines is the worst, but some spots in Nerang also have problems).

Plus the Federal minister for Broadband in Howards govt.

The relevant Howard Government Minister...

Senator the Hon. Helen Coonan
Senator for New South Wales
Positions:
Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts
Deputy Leader of the Government in the Senate
Party: Liberal Party of Australia
Parliament Contact:
Phone: (02) 6277 7480
Fax: (02) 6273 4154
Email: [email protected]
The Labor Shadow Minister for Communication and Information Technology is...

Senator Stephen Conroy
Senator for Victoria
Position:
Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Senate
Parliament Contact:
Phone: (02) 6277 3295
Fax: (02) 6277 3317
Email: [email protected]

Grrr

Last edited by temptininnit; Jul 19th 2007 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:02 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the rest of the Gold Coast like? Scarborough, Robina etc?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
There is a government incentive for wireless broadband over that way, they fit an antenna and you get broadband wireless pretty cheap.

cant remember exactly who they are, byt they were advertised in the pac pines shopping centre ad board.
I think it was these guys:-

http://www.airwebconnect.com.au/