Pacific Pines

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:46 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pacific Pines

Do any of you know anything about Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast? i.e what the high school, shopping etc are like.

Thanks
Julie
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:01 pm
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pacific Pines

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Do any of you know anything about Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast? i.e what the high school, shopping etc are like.

Thanks
Julie
Yep, just bought a house, nice area, pretty new, up and coming, the whole area there is a groth magnet, coomera oxenford.

Pacific pines, got a small shopping complex, schools, and a pub,

Range of house prices, from good affordable houses to million dollar homes on Vue 360, where you see the gold coast.

anear the motorway, 15mins from gold coast central and 40 mins from brisbane, I say its ideal place.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:29 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Julie
Look here http://www.pacificpines.com/
Old Sep 24th 2005, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie, we was out there end of July and liked what we see. The High School is new & modern (built 2000) and seemed decent from what we see. Only thing we didn't like was how we was allowed to walk freely round the school without signing in or anything! I say walk freely, well till the first teacher asked where our passes were, and we explained we wasn't given one! Returned to the reception and the lady suddenly remembered we SHOULD have one! ... maybe just a bad day for her, but security didn't seem too hot from that experience.

ONLY experience at the school tho.

There is a smallish shopping centre:

Here was a Woolworth's, coffee shop, Bakers, Estate Agents, Chemist etc. Round the corner was a dentist and a vets I think ?!

Pacific Pines Tavern:

Seemed nice altho we only grabbed a swift one there. Was nice to see Stella on tap tho!

From the few days we scoured the area, I guess the only problem I see is if your brakes fail while your coming down one of the MANY steep hills!

It IS VERY hilly there, and If you live up one of the hills, I guess there'll be no walking home after a few! ...... crawling home maybe! ... lol

Just another pic I have floating about. Seemed like a lovely 'green' view to me! ...

Hope that helps a little.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:33 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info guys.
Julie
Old Sep 24th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Julie

Hi Julie,
I live there and posted on this thread, lazy I know but this is the reply I wrote then and my view hasn't changed,

Any more info you require just PM me.
Good luck with whatever you choose
Old Sep 24th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

A new large shopping centre is opening next month adjacent to PP. 3 supermarkets, kmart and Target, many others.
PP is a series of large estates, some established with lots of trees, a lot still being built. Very convenient for getting to other places.

Lesley
Old Sep 24th 2005, 11:06 am
Chocoholic

Thanks for this other info guys, and Dicko I've looked at your post on the other thread. (I was on holiday when this was posted so that's why I didn't notice it before).
We were originally looking further up around the Beenleigh area as that is where we have family (and where we visited last year), but I quite fancy being a bit nearer the beaches.
Oooh, I can't wait to get there and have a good nose round
My kids are all teens, so we'll need a good high school and possibly a TAFE or equivalent for my eldest who will be 17 when we arrive.
Thanks again.
Julie
Old Sep 24th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Hi, I know you've had a good few replies but thought I'd let you know We are going there in January after visiting twice, Our relatives live in Helensvale but our friends all live in Pac Pines. Right, priorities first, the pub is fab and has a free courtesy bus that takes you home!!!! how good? We also had a look around the primary school and liked that the only thing and I mean the only thing that bothered me is that apparently over the next few years it is going to double in size so unless they are going to extend or build new schools the class sizes will be huge, I'm sure they'll have this all covered, actually if anybody is reading this and knows the answer to this I'd love to know how they are going to manage.

The houses are good and there seems to be plently English folk attracted to the area, not that I dont love the Aussies but a little bit of home goes a long way when you've travelled half way around the world to start a new life, lots of people that you have that one thing in common with.

Anyway, I definately recommend it.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 1:45 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by honeybob
Hi, I know you've had a good few replies but thought I'd let you know We are going there in January after visiting twice, Our relatives live in Helensvale but our friends all live in Pac Pines. Right, priorities first, the pub is fab and has a free courtesy bus that takes you home!!!! how good? We also had a look around the primary school and liked that the only thing and I mean the only thing that bothered me is that apparently over the next few years it is going to double in size so unless they are going to extend or build new schools the class sizes will be huge, I'm sure they'll have this all covered, actually if anybody is reading this and knows the answer to this I'd love to know how they are going to manage.

The houses are good and there seems to be plently English folk attracted to the area, not that I dont love the Aussies but a little bit of home goes a long way when you've travelled half way around the world to start a new life, lots of people that you have that one thing in common with.

Anyway, I definately recommend it.
Thanks Honeybob,
I must admit the schools thing isn't a HUGE issue really as our kids won't be there for that long (How old do I feel ) but it could be a problem for others.
I love the free courtesy bus! That's it then. Pacific Pines it is

For those that are thinking of moving there, have any of you got teenagers?
I've got 3 that are really looking forward to the move. Girls who will be 17 and 14 and a boy who'll be 16. They'd love some new mates

Julie
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Julie
We've got 2, a girl 15 and a boy 13, but we're hoping to go to Upper Coomera because we preferred the 'superschool' there, plus a few other bits about the place.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:31 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Paul2004
We've got 2, a girl 15 and a boy 13, but we're hoping to go to Upper Coomera because we preferred the 'superschool' there, plus a few other bits about the place.
Hi Paul,
So what's so good about Upper Coomera then? I don't know it but I'll have to have a good look round the whole area when we get there.
When are you hoping to be there?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Hi Paul,
So what's so good about Upper Coomera then? I don't know it but I'll have to have a good look round the whole area when we get there.
When are you hoping to be there?

I dunno it was mostly a 'gut feeling' about the place. We was out there a few months ago and had a pretty good look around the middle and the upper part of TGC. Schools ARE a priority for us and a lot of people we came into contact with there said the 'Superschool' in Upper Coomera was getting a good name. We checked it out and was VERY impressed. When we looked around Keebra park school school for example, my 15 year old daughter was getting some REAL nasty looks from a few groups of girls, we all felt it, yet when at the school is Upper Coomera a group of girls asked our daughter when passing "are you coming to our school?" she replied "I hope so" and one said "ok, we'll see you then!" ... Maybe just a nice group, but it was only our experience.

IMO there seemed to be more room to move about in UC compared to PP. Houses in PP seemed to be very much on top of each other, and smaller plots of land etc.

As to when do we hope to go, yesterday woulda done! but like many we are waiting on a house sale before we can do anything. Driving me insane at the mo as NOTHING is happening.

When the time is ready they tell me! ...
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:59 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Paul2004
I dunno it was mostly a 'gut feeling' about the place. We was out there a few months ago and had a pretty good look around the middle and the upper part of TGC. Schools ARE a priority for us and a lot of people we came into contact with there said the 'Superschool' in Upper Coomera was getting a good name. We checked it out and was VERY impressed. When we looked around Keebra park school school for example, my 15 year old daughter was getting some REAL nasty looks from a few groups of girls, we all felt it, yet when at the school is Upper Coomera a group of girls asked our daughter when passing "are you coming to our school?" she replied "I hope so" and one said "ok, we'll see you then!" ... Maybe just a nice group, but it was only our experience.

IMO there seemed to be more room to move about in UC compared to PP. Houses in PP seemed to be very much on top of each other, and smaller plots of land etc.

As to when do we hope to go, yesterday woulda done! but like many we are waiting on a house sale before we can do anything. Driving me insane at the mo as NOTHING is happening.

When the time is ready they tell me! ...
Good Luck with the house selling. We're not at that stage yet as our main application is just about to get sent in, but I'm dreading it!
If you don't mind, please let me know how you get on when you do eventually get over there. Would be good to hear your views.
Julie
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 3 that are really looking forward to the move. Girls who will be 17 and 14 and a boy who'll be 16. They'd love some new mates

Julie
Hi Julie, My first born will be 13 next week and we should be getting there in November. Probably Upper Coomera but possibly PP or Helensvale. Give us a shout when you want and I will get her to e-mail/msn etc her thoughts on the place (if she is really hating it I won't let her speak to your girl though )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.