Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozzies/Queenslanders- Genuine - Or Sneaky?

Ozzies/Queenslanders- Genuine - Or Sneaky?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzies/Queenslanders- Genuine - Or Sneaky?

Originally Posted by Merlot
LOL Listen I am not as green as I am cabbage looking

M
Its not working...

Supermarkets! Coles! Woolworths! Bi-Lo! Target!

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
There's a hypermarket here in Dubai, where you pay for the trolley and when you return it to it's designated place, you get back your money.

Some people here apparently used to walk off with the trolleys!

IG

All trolleys are like this in switzerland. u need to put money in! its a good solution so people bring them back to the trolley bays!

I remember visiting my uncle in Sydney 20 years ago in Leichard and my aunt used to push the trolley all the way back to her house. She then left it in front of her house, on the pavement, and someone from Wollies was actually going around the block to recuperate all the trollies!!!

fabie
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Ahem......
oops humble apologies....gulp!!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:41 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Is this a Queensland phenomenon or anyone else had trolleys smashed into cars? It's not happened to us in Sydney (so far... fingers crossed)
Yup, loads of dents on our cars from supermarkets. I'd Never get a new car here it would be so annoying getting all the "supermarket" dents and scratches on your pride and joy.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by swissfabs
I remember visiting my uncle in Sydney 20 years ago in Leichard and my aunt used to push the trolley all the way back to her house. She then left it in front of her house, on the pavement, and someone from Wollies was actually going around the block to recuperate all the trollies!!!

fabie
Now THAT's what I call "Service"

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
Your plant looks as if it needs watering ABC, and why didn't you go for light bricks? And what colour is that etc etc . See this is what I mean - pretend you are looking at their brickwork , until you spot the socket - next garage sale plug your toaster etc into their socket and see if it works lol
And if they had the usual dodgy sparkie do their wiring in QLD, you'll pop the fuses when you plug their clapped out toaster into their system.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
There's a hypermarket here in Dubai, where you pay for the trolley and when you return it to it's designated place, you get back your money.

Some people here apparently used to walk off with the trolleys!

IG
Yep, I believe when the authorities cracked down on 8 year olds riding as jockeys at camel races they then used to hook up the shopping trolleys to the camels and put the 8 year olds in them for Ben Hur style races.