Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozzie attitude to Brits

Ozzie attitude to Brits

Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzie attitude to Brits

Originally Posted by rabsody
Oooh, you racist you!
Please, let's not resort to mud slinging (or chocolate sauce flinging) again!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

It must be you Gav! LOL
No seriously, since escaping from NZ 6 months ago to Canberra, the one thing that stands out to us big time, is the friendly Ozzies and their sense of humour!
The minute they hear our British accent (yes we managed to keep that despite 6 years in NZ-thank God!) they seem to go out of their way to prove their own British heritage??
In NZ, it was the exact opposite, on hearing our accent, they went out of their way to prove they were full blown Kiwis and hide the fact their relatives originally came from UK??? It was like we were 'invading' their country and were most unwelcoming.
Total opposite here in OZ!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all

Its a Gold Coast thing obviously!

I just hope it doesnt keep happening coz sooner or later I will turn green and my clothes will rip!!

Gav
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, Polly, I think you're wrong there. It's only a couple of posters who are not offended by what a group of people (Australian Aboriginals) find offensive.

It's NOT fine to use offensive language or racial slurs on BE. Any more of it and this thread will be closed.
i didn't even know it was offensive to them
i must be out of touch
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rabsody
I agree abos is offensive, what I was trying to say (and probably not articulating it well so sorry for that) is wog is not seen as anymore offensive than, say, poms. Abos is definitely offensive.
what about lebs? is that considered offensive?
if so then frankly i don't give a shit
just cos they can't handle a name - and use the term "pom" which doesn't bother me, it's not my problem
that is double standards
i'm not gonna lik anyones arse
i take exception to the aborigines tho cos they are indigenous to this country
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Considering this thread has gone off the original topic I think it's run it's course. Thread closed.