British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Ozforex to remit Aussie dollar to Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ozforex-remit-aussie-dollar-australia-500420/)

Mikail Dec 18th 2007 4:14 am

Ozforex to remit Aussie dollar to Australia

Hi BE Forumers

I would like to solicit some feedback from forumers if they have remit the money using ozforex website. According to the website, www.ozforex.com.au, it can remit ozzie dollars at competitive rates. Anyone who has remit money from ozforex before, please share your experience. I don not know if this website is a scam.

Michael:confused:

mark213 Dec 18th 2007 4:28 am

Re: Ozforex to remit Aussie dollar to Australia

Originally Posted by Mikail (Post 5679482)
Hi BE Forumers

I would like to solicit some feedback from forumers if they have remit the money using ozforex website. According to the website, www.ozforex.com.au, it can remit ozzie dollars at competitive rates. Anyone who has remit money from ozforex before, please share your experience. I don not know if this website is a scam.

Hi Michael
Very legit these people and by far the best rates on the transfers that i've found. Very professional and flexible service as well as very fast. Very happy to reccomend them. Unfortunately with all brokers there is a bit of paperwork to do but these guys make it very simple and straightforward.
Have a scan on the forums for other peoples experiences of OZForex

Cheers

Wendy Dec 18th 2007 4:30 am

Ozforex are fantastic!. They also give good rates if you mention you are a member of British Expats ;)

Sam Dec 18th 2007 5:59 am

I use them everytime

for small transfers and large

I find them very professional, extremely helpful staff and give you excellent service (or they have me every time)

I will continue to use them in the future:thumbsup:

Nu-Shooz Dec 18th 2007 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Mikail (Post 5679482)
Hi BE Forumers

Don't use anyone else, you have the best there:thumbsup:

Dom the Pom Dec 18th 2007 6:11 am

I have regularly compared Oz Forex's rates and Customer Service with other providers over the last 2 years.

Matt Gilmour (the MD), and his team at Oz Forex are absolutely fantastic. I've made around fifteen transactions with them, including the proceeds of my house, and wouldn't use anyone else.

Wol Dec 18th 2007 6:22 am

I agree: they have always been first rate.

bridie Dec 18th 2007 7:56 am

What everyone else said, we used them for our big lump sum and I use them regularly for small amounts, never had anything to complain about (even when I insulted the guy on the phone by asking what part of Oz he was from and he was a Kiwi.... :o) :thumbup:

comet555 Dec 18th 2007 9:06 am

I highly recommend them. We made a small transaction using our regular bank and it cost a fortune. When we checked out Ozforex we compared the two and Ozforex had less charges and a way better exchange rate.

We transferred over a large sum, which was a 50% deposit on our new house. So a lot of money and I was pretty stressed. But Ozforex was great and the money was transferred over way faster than our regular bank did.

I've spoken to them several times on the phone and also used the web. They've always been very nice and really helpful. I was new at this so needed lots of help!

tillysmum Dec 18th 2007 9:30 am

can second whats been said used forex and no problems just wish they could make the rate go up to 2.45 (wont be greedy)

mand8002 Dec 19th 2007 8:01 am

Yep, same as everyone else, Ozforex are very efficient. We have used them quite a few times now and would recommend them.

paul30 Dec 19th 2007 8:37 am

I've signed up with tranzfers.com (ozforex sister company) totally proffesional and would recomend highly. I only used them due to being widely advertised on here so felt they were a reliable trustworthy company

jayr Dec 20th 2007 11:49 pm

Tranzfers are very good and also cheap (and good rates).

I used to use Commbank which charge $22 and money is there the next day, However, I found that 15GBP was additonally being charged by the intermediary UK bank that they used to transfer into my own UK bank account. This was essentially a hidden charge so it was costing me over $50 I used the service!

With Tranzfers it is is slightly more convluted as you transfer from your bank account to theirs first which takes about two days. Then they transfer it to your UK bank which then takes three days to clear. So it takes a bit longer but at $15 is much cheaper.

Anyone who wants to join up can use the following link which will also get me a referral point!

http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=nitsch01

Shaun&Dee Jan 6th 2008 2:15 pm

How does their exchanges rates compare to say Hifx or similar? Has anyone called both to see a comparison?

Thanks

mark213 Jan 7th 2008 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee (Post 5747454)
How does their exchanges rates compare to say Hifx or similar? Has anyone called both to see a comparison?

Thanks

Very similar and the difference is minute - one is not always consistanly lower. My advice is the more you use one broker the better rate they give you for the repeated trade. I left HiFX as i had to re-register once I got to Australia and so chose OzForex for the second time. Personally I prefer OzForex now.