Oz in a word

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:26 am
Just Joined

uneela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz in a word

DREAAAAAAAAAAM !!!!

Originally Posted by soapy
lets try this and see how it goes?

try to explain what australia mean to u in one word.
no cheating now. just one word !!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:28 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

dont know if u noticed. i havent had a turn yet.
i thought i would think long and hard about it and here it is.

Smashinintit
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:21 pm
Merlot

dont know if u noticed. i havent had a turn yet.
i thought i would think long and hard about it and here it is.

Smashinintit
Don't hide behind your feelings Soapy

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Don't hide behind your feelings Soapy
i have a few others that are better, but i dont think too many would work it out lol
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:29 pm
Merlot

i have a few others that are better, but i dont think too many would work it out lol

Loved your new avator too

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Loved your new avator too
oh thanx. a nice person oot the lounge got it for me.
ill need to think of a better work for the uk in a word noo lol
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres Oz in a few words, from a poster who now back in the UK, seems to have forgotten that it never will "feel like home"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...79&postcount=3
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:09 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Heres Oz in a few words, from a poster who now back in the UK, seems to have forgotten that it never will "feel like home"

You have been a busy bee haven't we, I think I have taken over from Jill Banana's for being the picked on kid at school

I do feel the need to justify myself once again for changing my own mind . . heaven forbid having mind of one's own. I must be a real person!

Isolation and lonliness from family, missing family events

Yes this will kill me if and when we go back to Australia. My husband with having family in Australia with a Father in Intensive Care understands my pain a little more now. You have to live your own life.

Heat & humidity

Bugger, I will have to try a house with aircon - the last home there we didn't, that problem solved.

No matter how hard I tried it never felt like home

Well hey, I have travelled all my life and you know what I realise, nowhere is truly home for me, just one of life's gypsies.

Australian's are a different culture

Yep, so are the British, never realised though how much I had become Australised. Everyone to there own! Stil think Aussies are a bit bizairre

National Obsession with sport - swimming and cricket in particular, very bloody boring

Still find that boring as hell.

Miss greeness of UK, country pubs, decent supermarkets, TV, clothes, shops.

I will miss the supermarkets & shops but hey I will survive. Never watch that much TV here and country pubs, well done that and hey it was nice. Greeness - when it was free back on the 70's it was fab, very crowded these days. I can look at postcards when I get back.

Lack of travel ability - expensive to travel Australia let alone the world, can't wait to see Europe

Seeing Europe - having fun! Will have lots of memories.

Crap wages and job perks

No better here in Blighty apart from I get extra holidays. Still stuck doing crappie admin, maybe that is why I am off to night classes in Sept.

For the record, I speak my mind, always will. I never give in those throwing bricks - especially when they know so little about me, I also never give into abusive karma. At least I go out and try life!

There ends, I' m off out for din dins in an hour, country pub funnily enough!

Enjoy
M

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eatstatic

Sometimes we get sick of our lives and think the grass is greener elsewhere. When Merlot posted this she was obviously down and missing family and friends inmmensely. She would be the first to admit she was feeling very down about Australia (I am sure she will say so later), sometimes though it is not until we no longer have something that we realise how good it was.

This is how M must have been feeling about the UK, during her time in Oz. Now she has returned and realised that this is not the place she wants to be. She has realised that she wants to be in Australia because she loves it there, warts and all.

We are all entitled to change our minds or realise our mistakes. Unfortunately, Australia was not for you and you are now happy back in the UK. Good on you, you have found what you want from life. Please let others do the same.

Tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Sometimes we get sick of our lives and think the grass is greener elsewhere. When Merlot posted this she was obviously down and missing family and friends inmmensely. She would be the first to admit she was feeling very down about Australia (I am sure she will say so later), sometimes though it is not until we no longer have something that we realise how good it was.

This is how M must have been feeling about the UK, during her time in Oz. Now she has returned and realised that this is not the place she wants to be. She has realised that she wants to be in Australia because she loves it there, warts and all.

We are all entitled to change our minds or realise our mistakes. Unfortunately, Australia was not for you and you are now happy back in the UK. Good on you, you have found what you want from life. Please let others do the same.

Tracey
Thank you Tracey, some people seem to have nothing else better to do but trawl my old threads, I seem to have developed a "Hate Following" of late

Yes you are spot on, I was extremely down, lonely and depressed, I am human. But I got off me bum and did something and learned so much along the way.

M

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

You have been a busy bee haven't we, I think I have taken over from Jill Banana's for being the picked on kid at school

I do feel the need to justify myself once again for changing my own mind . . heaven forbid having mind of one's own. I must be a real person!

Isolation and lonliness from family, missing family events

Yes this will kill me if and when we go back to Australia. My husband with having family in Australia with a Father in Intensive Care understands my pain a little more now. You have to live your own life.

Heat & humidity

Bugger, I will have to try a house with aircon - the last home there we didn't, that problem solved.

No matter how hard I tried it never felt like home

Well hey, I have travelled all my life and you know what I realise, nowhere is truly home for me, just one of life's gypsies.

Australian's are a different culture

Yep, so are the British, never realised though how much I had become Australised. Everyone to there own! Stil think Aussies are a bit bizairre

National Obsession with sport - swimming and cricket in particular, very bloody boring

Still find that boring as hell.

Miss greeness of UK, country pubs, decent supermarkets, TV, clothes, shops.

I will miss the supermarkets & shops but hey I will survive. Never watch that much TV here and country pubs, well done that and hey it was nice. Greeness - when it was free back on the 70's it was fab, very crowded these days. I can look at postcards when I get back.

Lack of travel ability - expensive to travel Australia let alone the world, can't wait to see Europe

Seeing Europe - having fun! Will have lots of memories.

Crap wages and job perks

No better here in Blighty apart from I get extra holidays. Still stuck doing crappie admin, maybe that is why I am off to night classes in Sept.

For the record, I speak my mind, always will. I never give in those throwing bricks - especially when they know so little about me, I also never give into abusive karma. At least I go out and try life!

There ends, I' m off out for din dins in an hour, country pub funnily enough!

Enjoy
M
You beat me to it . You have no need to justify your reasoning to anybody. You went, came back and are going back again. Good on you.
Enjoy your dinner!!
tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Tracey, some people seem to have nothing else better to do but trawl my old threads, I seem to have developed a "Hate Following" of late

Yes you are spot on, I was extremely down, lonely and depressed, I am human. But I got off me bum and did something and learned so much along the way.

M

Just another thread thart has turned into a personal attack on someone .

Back to the original topic, which by the way is a good one .
Oz in one word: opportunity

Tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:18 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by tracey.d
You beat me to it . You have no need to justify your reasoning to anybody. You went, came back and are going back again. Good on you.
Enjoy your dinner!!
tracey
I'm only sat here as waiting for other half to get his butt back, taking my Mum out for her Birthday, we are both here with our hand bags on knees. She has the cat's company, I have stalkers to play with - not yourself, other folks who I won't mention

M

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:19 pm
Merlot

Lightening up a little, Oz in a word

Warney :scared:

Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:05 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Frustratingwaiting
Yes I know it`s two words but I`m cheating ok!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.