oz travel

Old May 5th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oz travel

Used Travel bag in 2003 and Travel mood this year - both were great
Old May 5th 2007, 11:46 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Really surprised to hear that Oz Travel have seemingly gone down the pan We used then in 2004 when we came out on holiday and they were brilliant. When we enquired about flight to come over permanently they 'went the extra mile' to make sure we got what we asked for at a great price and again were absolutely great. Mum and Dad also have used them to come out on holiday and to migrate and can't praise them enough.
I wonder if it depends on where you are..........................we used the Leeds branch and as I say wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Loz x
Old May 5th 2007, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Really surprised to hear that Oz Travel have seemingly gone down the pan We used then in 2004 when we came out on holiday and they were brilliant. When we enquired about flight to come over permanently they 'went the extra mile' to make sure we got what we asked for at a great price and again were absolutely great. Mum and Dad also have used them to come out on holiday and to migrate and can't praise them enough.
I wonder if it depends on where you are..........................we used the Leeds branch and as I say wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Loz x
I booked with Austravel for 3 or 4 holidays over here, always by phone and always great service - guess as ever its who you speak to. Find it easier now to either use Expedia or zuji and just book on line though
Old May 5th 2007, 8:08 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

We booked with Flight Center, excellent service, highly recommended and very attentive staff! Cheapest as well!
Old May 5th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

We've used trailfinders to do our trip over America on the way to Oz in September. We have quite a complicated itinerary with lots of flights, cars, trains, hotels etc - Trailfinders were superb, cheapest and fantastic customer service.
Old May 5th 2007, 10:12 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
We've used trailfinders to do our trip over America on the way to Oz in September. We have quite a complicated itinerary with lots of flights, cars, trains, hotels etc - Trailfinders were superb, cheapest and fantastic customer service.
hey mate did you book it yesterday by any chance..there was a lovely couple next to me doing the same thing as you,,their trip sounded fantastic,
Old May 5th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey mate did you book it yesterday by any chance..there was a lovely couple next to me doing the same thing as you,,their trip sounded fantastic,
No mate - we booked it over the phone a few weeks back. We are a lovely couple though

We're very excited - I don't really want to hijack this thread, or 'show off', as such, but we've never travelled propery before so I keep telling everyone what we're doing:-

Leave UK on 1st September
Boston 3 nights
New York 5 nights
Philladelphia 2 nights
Washington DC 5 nights
Las Vegas 3 nights
Death Valley 1 night
Yosemite 1 night
San Francisco 5 nights

Peru - 2 weeks, including:-
2 nights in Lima
1 night in Cuzco
4 day trek on the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu
2 nights in the Amazon Jungle
..cant remember the other Peru bits

Los Angeles 3 nights
New Zealand 8 nights

Landing in Melbourne on 22nd October.

As you can imagine, that lot took some SERIOUS planning and Trailfinders were superb the whole time. We used them for all of the flights and most of the accomodation, they even sorted out our car hire and it's all on their on-line itinerary system. Top marks for Trailfinders.

Anyway - apolgies again for hijacking, I'm just in one of my excited moods about the whole trip and move.

Last edited by Techno Freak; May 5th 2007 at 10:33 pm.
Old May 5th 2007, 10:26 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry mate i do it all the time,,carry on its a lot better than talking about those shites...
Old May 5th 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dont worry mate i do it all the time,,carry on its a lot better than talking about those shites...

Are you flying direct to OZ?

Where are you going to settle, and when are you off?

I just want to go now, we've been up and down for so long. I'm decorating the house when I get home from work today, get it ready for renting out.

Then just got to pack after that. Cool.

We're in limbo a bit at the moment. It's close enough to be worrying about finding tennants, selling cars & packing - but still that little bit too far away to do any of that.
Old May 5th 2007, 10:35 pm
Banned

Are you flying direct to OZ?

Where are you going to settle, and when are you off?

I just want to go now, we've been up and down for so long. I'm decorating the house when I get home from work today, get it ready for renting out.

Then just got to pack after that. Cool.

We're in limbo a bit at the moment. It's close enough to be worrying about finding tennants, selling cars & packing - but still that little bit too far away to do any of that.
yes mate direct,i was going to do the singapore thing but i am going to have a few weeks off when we get there,perth that is..

hey mate i have been there in limbo its not a nice place,,,but trust me you will come through it,,,,.
Old May 6th 2007, 12:38 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

No mate - we booked it over the phone a few weeks back. We are a lovely couple though

We're very excited - I don't really want to hijack this thread, or 'show off', as such, but we've never travelled propery before so I keep telling everyone what we're doing:-

Boston 3 nights
New York 5 nights
Philladelphia 2 nights
Washington DC 5 nights
Las Vegas 3 nights
Death Valley 1 night
Yosemite 1 night
San Francisco 5 nights

2 nights in Lima
1 night in Cuzco

Los Angeles 3 nights
New Zealand 8 nights

As you can imagine, that lot took some SERIOUS planning and Trailfinders were superb the whole time. We used them for all of the flights and most of the accomodation, they even sorted out our car hire and it's all on their on-line itinerary system. Top marks for Trailfinders.

Anyway - apolgies again for hijacking, I'm just in one of my excited moods about the whole trip and move.
That is a seriously impressive stop over list Techno! I hope you have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear all about it. Are you going to keep a travel diary?

jackie x
Old May 6th 2007, 12:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Boston 3 nights
New York 5 nights
Philladelphia 2 nights
Washington DC 5 nights
Las Vegas 3 nights
Death Valley 1 night
Yosemite 1 night
San Francisco 5 nights

2 nights in Lima
1 night in Cuzco

Los Angeles 3 nights
New Zealand 8 nights

More of a hijack. When we went to New York, the first and probably best thing we did was the Circle Line boat tour. The tour guide was absolutely fantastic! He was a former radio and TV announcer who had lived all his life in NY. His delivery was great and he was so much more informative than any tour book. Also if you can, look online to buy a CityPass. It will get you discount tickets to lots of things. The boat trip for iinstance was 1/2 price if memory serves. It also gets you to the front of the line for the Empire State building, which will cut off about 3 hours of standing there. Mind you, we were not that impressed with it anyway. Times Square at about 2am was the most fun I've had in years. Our taxi driver from the airport recommended it to us because in his words, "that's when the freaks come out". Also, take a walk up 5th avenue from about 42nd St to Park Ave. It's a long walk, but some of the most famous places are there. Tiffany, FAO Schwartz (where they filmed the movie Big with Tom Hanks), Saks. Would also recommend the 1 hour carriage ride through the park. Again, really informative and lots of fun.
May is a great time to be in New York. For San Fran, take a drive up the coast highway if you have a car. Of course, no trip to SF would be complete without the Alcatraz tour and a drive to some of the vinyards in the area. I'm so jealous I can't stand it! Your trip sounds absolutely fantastic.
Old May 6th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

I booked through airline-network.co.uk and managed to get flights from Aberdeen, Heathrow, Singapore to Perth for £500 each.

That's with Singapore Airlines.

Jan
Old May 6th 2007, 6:26 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I used trailfinders to book flights for my dad to melbourne, they were great! They will be my first choice when I come to book my flights for Oz.

Jackie x
Me too for sure!!!!!!!!!! C x
Old May 6th 2007, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

they may as well be called ,,dont know sihte travel..

anyone thinking of using them to book a holiday or flights..i found them,rude,nasty and incompetent...would rather walk that book with them...

ast
Hi,
Not read every reply....but we have been to Oz three times now....each trip booked through Oz Travel and I cannot really complain.
I refer to the branch on Deansgate, Manchester -who matched the best none internet prices we found in Manchester.

However, this year we are booking direct through Emirates..too cash in our airmiles....and if all works out well......we aint gonna see Manchester again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.