Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz sim card while still in UK?

Oz sim card while still in UK?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default Oz sim card while still in UK?

Hi
Does anyone know if its possible to buy, and get delivered an Oz sim card to the UK?
We've opened bank accounts while still in the Uk, and it would just would make our lives a lot easier if we had a phone number we could be giving out for various things such as the bank and for the shippers....

Thanks, Donna x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz sim card while still in UK?

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi
Does anyone know if its possible to buy, and get delivered an Oz sim card to the UK?
We've opened bank accounts while still in the Uk, and it would just would make our lives a lot easier if we had a phone number we could be giving out for various things such as the bank and for the shippers....

Thanks, Donna x
Donna do a search on the forum. I am sure someone has noted that there is a UK supplier of oz sim cards.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Donna do a search on the forum. I am sure someone has noted that there is a UK supplier of oz sim cards.

Oh right, that would be good. Off to do a search now...

thanks a lot

Donna x
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:12 pm
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

Used go-sim they are with telstra, had mine registered and ready to be used on the 18th Dec, use in a unlocked phone.

Neil
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:38 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Try Virgin Oz: they are accommodating. We have PAYG mobiles here for the odd call - don't have much use for mobiles otherwise.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We both got Vodafone Red Sim cards from this link given to us by John Masons (you have to register). Not only do you get $30 of free credit you then have your new Aussie mobile phone number to give out before you leave.

Definitely one of our better decisions.

http://www.movingplanet.net/driver.asp?page=main/home
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks, Donna x
hi donna - try this link:

http://www.simcard.me.uk/australian_sim_card.htm
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

hey donna,

I used simcard.me (see above) and can higly recommend them....

ordered 2 telstra prepaid sims at about 4am on a monday morning and they arrived at 9am on tuesday!!!

(with telstra) you can register it online - you do need an australian address for that (i always use my aunts) and as long as your phone isn't locked to network (the man at the local market can fix that!) it'll work fine!

ffy
x
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:45 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks, Donna x
Donna,

Get your SIM from this guy. He is very good and very reliable and got all ours.

I would recommend vodafone red sim card. Just activate it on landing here and charge with $49 for $230 of credit to your account. Just remember to have an unlocked phone in the first place
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:21 am
Life is sweet in Brisbane

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice

[QUOTE=dh1905]Hi

Try www.0044.co.uk
they look good value.

Richie
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Oz sim card while still in UK?

Hi all,
I have just gone and bought a vodaphone sim from....

How is easy was that??!! I had no idea it was so simple and they seem very reasonable.
Its a good feeling to know that we will have instant contact with our freinds that we have made on expats who are alreday in Oz, and with those who will be back in the UK.

Thanks again, Donna x