Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz police foil terrorist attack

Oz police foil terrorist attack

Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz police foil terrorist attack

Originally Posted by Bordy
What differance does it make?
As long as these idiots are off the streets thats what counts, I think ASIO & feds & state police did a good job.
Totally agree. If a guy comes out of a mosque, firing on Police Officers (as stated on the news broadcast), he needs dealing with. At least they only wounded him and didn't pump six rounds into his head just because he looked a bit suspicious. Sounds to me like the Aussie force are trying hard to avoid a terrorist attack and not just waiting around until one occurs and then going in to pick up the pieces afterwards.
Why blame wee Johnnie? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't eh!?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Just been watching CCN for an update on the terrorism news, and apprently one of the terrorists have been shot in the neck, though a cop has been shot on the hand.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:22 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
Totally agree. If a guy comes out of a mosque, firing on Police Officers (as stated on the news broadcast), he needs dealing with. At least they only wounded him and didn't pump six rounds into his head just because he looked a bit suspicious. Sounds to me like the Aussie force are trying hard to avoid a terrorist attack and not just waiting around until one occurs and then going in to pick up the pieces afterwards.
Why blame wee Johnnie? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't eh!?
Think he was walking from the mosque but still bringing a gun to a mosque mmmmmmmmm.

Also just watched the video coverage on the SMH site of the channel 7 camera man getting "roughed" up by the youths of , errrrr, ethnic appearance outside the court in melbourne. Doing a lot for cross community relations they were.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

ChadW will become famous soon enough

Good to know things are being done down under in this war on terror, do not forget the coalition (or whatever todays US alies on terror are), have declared war on all terrorists, so really I think crackdowns like this are gonna happen, not necessarily for the sake of it (PR, hype) but just cause we just 'have to'. Having visited Melbourne and Sydney I would hate to see a similar thing happen as 7/7 here.