Reload this Page >

Oz police check from uk??

Oz police check from uk??

Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Question Oz police check from uk??

Hello again,

Do you know if I can I apply for an Ozzy QLD police check from UK? I'm pretty sure I need one to gain employment in Oz (teaching) & would much prefer to apply from here (whilst I'm earning) than to have to wait round (unemployed) in Oz. Has anybody got any info on this please?

Last edited by vikk; Mar 16th 2005 at 7:55 pm. Reason: I forgot to say it was for QLD!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 3:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Oz police check from uk??

Originally Posted by vikk
Hello again,

Do you know if I can I apply for an Ozzy QLD police check from UK? I'm pretty sure I need one to gain employment in Oz (teaching) & would much prefer to apply from here (whilst I'm earning) than to have to wait round (unemployed) in Oz. Has anybody got any info on this please?
Are you after the normal police check , or something different regarding teaching?

Yes you can on the normal "police check" form 1101 see "overseas applicants please include an international postal reply coupon"

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1101.pdf

P.S if you apply for it when you are in Aus, I don't think most of them do take 30 days like it says on the form. When I applied for mine ( I had to have one of these for PR as I was living here for 4 years before taking out PR) it was really quick ( so was hubby's). It took two weeks at the most, I think I had iit back in a week and a half if I recall.

My British police check another story , slow, and my singapore one I had to get fingerprints on the form :scared: for their police check - which I got here in my local cop shop, when I explained what I wanted it for.

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 17th 2005 at 3:41 am.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:15 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

we did ours as we were living here before and applied via the link above. It's really straight forward and fast too. Just make sure you give them detailed addresses or they send it back!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for all of the info. I presumed it would be a normal police check but maybe the one that I need for teaching is different like they are in UK. Can anyone give any advice on this? I need to be able to work as soon as possible upon arrival. All I know is that I will need an Ozzy police check before I can gain employment over there. Any extra info would be fantastic.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:35 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vikk
Thank you for all of the info. I presumed it would be a normal police check but maybe the one that I need for teaching is different like they are in UK. Can anyone give any advice on this? I need to be able to work as soon as possible upon arrival. All I know is that I will need an Ozzy police check before I can gain employment over there. Any extra info would be fantastic.
I work with children (well neonates) as a nurse and midwife and i got the normal Police check. My employer then asked for an enhanced check. This is fine to do. They last for a year so you can get one before you come over here.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
I work with children (well neonates) as a nurse and midwife and i got the normal Police check. My employer then asked for an enhanced check. This is fine to do. They last for a year so you can get one before you come over here.
I lost this post & have only just found it again. Thank you for your advice I will apply this week. Vikk