Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

oz licence and my uk one perth

oz licence and my uk one perth

Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default oz licence and my uk one perth

Planning on moving to perth in a years time over now validating my visa,can anyone tell me if possible to get the driving licence now,just want to get something else out of the way,do they require you to hand the uk one in or can i still use it when i go back to uk,i dont want to give up my uk licence yet,i be heading to perth
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oz licence and my uk one perth

Remember this.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566070

and this.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563721
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by brian.w
Planning on moving to perth in a years time over now validating my visa,can anyone tell me if possible to get the driving licence now,just want to get something else out of the way,do they require you to hand the uk one in or can i still use it when i go back to uk,i dont want to give up my uk licence yet,i be heading to perth
You keep your UK one aswell, so if you can get it, then you may as well do so.

Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You keep your UK one aswell, so if you can get it, then you may as well do so.
You won't be able to as you'll need proof of address. Even if you can get this then you'll have to buy a five year licence as the only other one is for a year. The five year licence costs over $200.

It's not that much of a hassle, so I'd just wait, you get 3 months to change it over anyway.

The real pain in the arse stuff is the TFN and getting a phone and broadband sorted

Last edited by lastone; Feb 4th 2009 at 2:47 am.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lastone
Even if you can get this then you'll have to buy a five year licence as the only other one is for a year. The five year licence costs over $200.
$71.05 for my 5 year one in QLD