Oz Eperience

Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:09 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oz Eperience

Hello

Has anyone done a trip with Oz experience? I was thinking of doing a round trip from Melly to Darwin and back - fair dinkum - its called. I would be on my own and wondered what it was like for single travellers and costs etc....

I have looked on the internet but cant get much info as my computer blocks the pop ups and wont let me look at anything - even if i turn it off.....

many thanks

laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:51 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oz Eperience

Haven't used oz Exp. but from what I've heard they cater for 18-30 age group and are ideal if you're travelling alone. Also Kontiki tours are supposed to be good.

Happy travelling
Sunshine Sarah
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
Haven't used oz Exp. but from what I've heard they cater for 18-30 age group and are ideal if you're travelling alone. Also Kontiki tours are supposed to be good.

Happy travelling
Sunshine Sarah

We have sent three lots of visitors off with them, all loved it, none were under 30, although that is the main age group. The one who loved it the most was a 45 year old friend who had left her husband in kids to party in Australia, she found aus rather quite to what she had imagined so this was just the ticket

They stay at backpackers hostels, and can stay as many nights as they want. From the videos , theres not shortage of sex drugs and booze if you want it, and they organise buses to nightclubs etc, I think they said one night was all you could drink on the goldcoast for $20.

However we did send one much older uncle and he was definately not into the party side so I think you can take from it what you want. Its cheap as chips too, I think the Mooloolaba to sydney trip was around $200 and accom $25 depending on where they were staying.

I think also for a single female its a much safer way than travelling alone.

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 10th 2006 at 6:11 am.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:10 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

How about e-mailing them and get them to send you a brochure if pop up blocks?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:59 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
How about e-mailing them and get them to send you a brochure if pop up blocks?

Yes think I will do that.

Sounds great!! I really want to travel, but looks like I will have to travel on my own and like you say its dafer to be in a group. I also wanted to make sure there was other loners on the trip.

I am amazed at the price and think I might just do that - hope I can keep up with them all though - I thought my partying days were almost over lol!!!

Laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:03 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Has anyone done a trip with Oz experience? I was thinking of doing a round trip from Melly to Darwin and back - fair dinkum - its called. I would be on my own and wondered what it was like for single travellers and costs etc....

I have looked on the internet but cant get much info as my computer blocks the pop ups and wont let me look at anything - even if i turn it off.....
Hi Laura. I've just emailed you the two PDF itineraries from the Fair Dinkum trip
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi Laura. I've just emailed you the two PDF itineraries from the Fair Dinkum trip

Thanks dude, have you been on one too???

you have probably sent them to my old email address so ill PM you my new one....

hope you are still doing well matey

laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:58 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Oz Eperience

Hello

many thanks

laura
x
I met friends for life travelling alone in Australia. You'll be fine. Oz experience are great!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Welshie
I met friends for life travelling alone in Australia. You'll be fine. Oz experience are great!

thanks was there lots of singles there over 25 as opposed to under 25? I am just worried about being the old chick on her own kindda thing!

Laura
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

thanks was there lots of singles there over 25 as opposed to under 25? I am just worried about being the old chick on her own kindda thing!

Laura
I did Kiwi Experience (NZ equivalent of Oz Experience) when I was 30 & I had a great time. I certainly didn't feel too old, then again I am a bit immature.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I did Kiwi Experience (NZ equivalent of Oz Experience) when I was 30 & I had a great time. I certainly didn't feel too old, then again I am a bit immature.

me too lol.....

think ill deffo give it a go, i will cal lthem tomorrow....

laura
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

many thanks

laura
x
Hi Laura,

I've done a few of their trips and worked for them (well, at one of their exclusive stops) for a year 1999-2000.

As a way to travel about, it is both cheap and safe. You meet other people en route, and although accommodation isn't included in the price of the ticket, the bus driver will ring to book you in and you can usually get good deals because of that.

I travelled alone and found it fine - I met some really good mates who I am still friends with now.

The one thing I would say is that Oz Exp has changed a lot over the years. I first travelled with them in 1996, then again 1999-2000 and again in 2003. It's less adventurous now than it was, and has been somewhat blighted with a reputation of being a party bus network full of 18-25 year old pommes who want to get on the lash and spend the whole time on the bus sleeping off their hangovers.

You will meet people like that, but it's not always the case. And the beauty is that, if you're on a bus with a load of idiots, you just get off and catch the next bus through a day or so later.

I've also done Kiwi Experience, and Stray (UK equivalent, since gone bust).

I know a load of the Oz Exp drivers and managers still, as well as many of the people running the various stopovers.

If there's anything else you want to know, let me know!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by bundy
Hi Laura,

I've done a few of their trips and worked for them (well, at one of their exclusive stops) for a year 1999-2000.

As a way to travel about, it is both cheap and safe. You meet other people en route, and although accommodation isn't included in the price of the ticket, the bus driver will ring to book you in and you can usually get good deals because of that.

I travelled alone and found it fine - I met some really good mates who I am still friends with now.

The one thing I would say is that Oz Exp has changed a lot over the years. I first travelled with them in 1996, then again 1999-2000 and again in 2003. It's less adventurous now than it was, and has been somewhat blighted with a reputation of being a party bus network full of 18-25 year old pommes who want to get on the lash and spend the whole time on the bus sleeping off their hangovers.

You will meet people like that, but it's not always the case. And the beauty is that, if you're on a bus with a load of idiots, you just get off and catch the next bus through a day or so later.

I've also done Kiwi Experience, and Stray (UK equivalent, since gone bust).

I know a load of the Oz Exp drivers and managers still, as well as many of the people running the various stopovers.

If there's anything else you want to know, let me know!
Thank you so much for that info. I will PM you later on as I have lots to ask, thank you so much. I really want to do this but I have never travelled anywhere alone and I am so scared, and also scared I might not be able to keep up with all the drinking and uknow whats..... so ill pm

thanks chuck

laura
x
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:05 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for that info. I will PM you later on as I have lots to ask, thank you so much. I really want to do this but I have never travelled anywhere alone and I am so scared, and also scared I might not be able to keep up with all the drinking and uknow whats..... so ill pm

thanks chuck

laura
x

No probs, FWIW, the youngest traveller we had coming through on Oz Exp was 12 months old and the oldest was 78
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by bundy
No probs, FWIW, the youngest traveller we had coming through on Oz Exp was 12 months old and the oldest was 78

cool. im not sure if that makes me feel too old or too young now

speak soon
laura
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.