Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ Driving licence

Wikiposts

OZ Driving licence

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Sure I read on here that you can practice the theory test online, anybody know the website.

Do you do a practical as well.
In QLD at least, if you have a Full UK licence you don't do a Practical test. Just the theory test.

Two web sites for online practice:

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/licen...itten_test.asp

http://www.learners.wa.gov.au/

QLD doesn't have one, as they aren't on computer theory tests yet

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Muddywaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont bother with test or getting a license the aussies dont bother just drink and drive all the time, drive whilst banned and have no disregard for any other road users and you are well on tour way to becoming a fully fledged aussie hoon!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:18 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Muddywaters
Dont bother with test or getting a license the aussies dont bother just drink and drive all the time, drive whilst banned and have no disregard for any other road users and you are well on tour way to becoming a fully fledged aussie hoon!!!!
What part of OZ are you in ? Its not like that round here.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Muddywaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What part of OZ are you in ? Its not like that round here.
W.A
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Isn't that where all the pommies are?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:39 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hi folks

i'm just curious, what's the differences between the bike and car theory tests?

shirley the majority of questions would be the same, apart from the 'which way do you turn the steering wheel when you want to turn left' question?

i had a look through the example theory questions a while back, it was the funniest read i'd had in a long time! Seriously, are they like that on the actual tests?

scuntobris - 'scun' as in scunthorpe?

cyaz
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

'Fraid so Scutter.......

Might I ask whereabouts in Donny u from?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:30 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

'Fraid so Scutter.......

Might I ask whereabouts in Donny u from?

well i'm from ashby in scunthorpe originally. wheatley hills in donny now though, but i've only been here for a few years.

...glad to see someone else made it out of scunny in one piece.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I grew up in Ashby too (MrsScuntoBris - don't want to be associated with some of the posts my hubbie puts on here!).
Went to Brumby Comp.

We actually lived in Bottesford (ooh, aren't we posh!) and moved here in January, been here about a month.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:46 pm
life begins again...

I grew up in Ashby too (MrsScuntoBris - don't want to be associated with some of the posts my hubbie puts on here!).
Went to Brumby Comp.

We actually lived in Bottesford (ooh, aren't we posh!) and moved here in January, been here about a month.

i was going to say, you lived in the posh bit of scunny then! lol

I used to live in kathleen ave in ashby, my folks still do, I went to fred gough comp, it wasn't as posh as brumby though.

i'm heading for canberra at some point this year. (no giggling in the back please!)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:48 pm
Triple Expat!

JimInSomerset is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi folks

shirley the majority of questions would be the same, apart from the 'which way do you turn the steering wheel when you want to turn left' question?

cyaz
In Qld at least, you need to answer 5 motorcycle related questions in addition to the general theory qs. Well that's the theory, but I went to Rosalie where they only asked me the motorcycle questions, and I could have had a car licence at the same time! I have been reliably informed that Rosalie is the easiest place to get your licence. (A woman I met from the city office absolutely despairs of them).

Cheers

Jim
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brumby, posh.... nah

We actually lived on the new estate behind Freddie!

Hope all goes well for you, don't forget to pack your ice scraper, gets a bit cold down there!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:56 pm
life begins again...

Brumby, posh.... nah

We actually lived on the new estate behind Freddie!

Hope all goes well for you, don't forget to pack your ice scraper, gets a bit cold down there!

Ice scraper and woollie jumpers are already on my shopping list of things to take with me! (along with ipods, laptops.. and my thermal undies!)

i hope it all goes well for you.

jim - that sounds like the obvious solution, but you know how people in power think. knowing my luck i'll have to take both theory test and end up failing one of them! (just hope i pass the bike test, i can live without the car)
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi folks

scuntobris - 'scun' as in scunthorpe?

cyaz
In NSW the car and motorcycle therory exams are multiple choice answer tests each with 45 questions (I think you fail if you get five or more wrong).

About half the questions on the motorcycle test are the same as the ones you see on the car test.

Here is a couple of sample m/c questions to give you a flavour...

CG116 - General Knowledge
Bicycle and motorcycle riders have the same rights to use the road as other motor vehicle drivers. They are however, more at risk in traffic because -

- They are harder to see in traffic and do not have the same protection as drivers.

- They are careless and do not obey road rules.

- They ride too fast and do not turn their lights on.

MG002 - General Knowledge
When is a motorcycle rider allowed to ride without an approved helmet?

- Never.

-When the rider has a medical certificate.

- Only during daylight hours.

Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:54 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I was always under the impression when you arrive in Oz it was a straight swap over from a EU (UK and Ireland) for the equivilent drivers license ?

I passed my HGV (atriculated and rigid trucks) 12 years ago and don't really want to do it again especially after paying a small fortune to get the license and lessons in the first place.

So after all that once we arrive in Queensland we must do another driving test for cars and trucks ???

If anyone can confirm please post reply, cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.