Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz Customs/Quarantine takes 20 working days!

Oz Customs/Quarantine takes 20 working days!

Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

JennyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Last edited by JennyB; Aug 24th 2003 at 3:53 am.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

We were quoted 20 days to clear customs back in January. Our agent in Oz said that it was a delay with customs. I phone up customs and spoke to a great bloke who tracked down our container and told me it had cleared over a week ago and he said he would phone our agent. 20 minutes later, I get a call from our agent telling me the container had just cleared customs.

I would advise talking directly to Customs and not relying on what your agent tells you!
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Customs/Quarantine takes 20 working days!

Originally posted by JennyB
I thought that I should let others know that Customs and Quarantine checks on containers now take longer than they used to because of the SARS virus and anti-terrorism measures.

Our container arrived in Australia on 16th June - and is only being delivered tomorrow! That's more than a month later. Fortunately we are staying with family otherwise we would have had accommodation problems too because we did not anticipate such a lengthy delay between arrival and delivery of our container. Another month in a hotel would have been murder!

It would be worth checking the details with the removal company you will be using (on the Australian end we were with OSS World Wide Movers).
probably an excuse, because they did,nt know or were not on the"seacargo program" so were not aware your container had cleared............ MM