Wikiposts

oz is the best!!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: oz is the best!!

Originally posted by jayr
One of my favourites:

Why after visiting the doctor and paying him, do I then have to go to a shop in a high rent shopping mall employing ten or more people to queue for twenty miutes with maybe fifty or more people in my lunch hour to get some of the money back? Can't I just pay the doctor less in th first place. There must be $M of dollars consumed in this unneccessary waste never mind the time wasted by people who could be doing more effective things. Now I could 'whinge' to Medicare and suggest this improvement or at a cost to me I could not claim my money back - along with millions of others, hopefully one day closing down all the Medicare stores and reducing the overall cost of the healthcare system. Other suggestions on appropriate action are welcome.
I'm not going to get caught up in the 'wingeing discussion...'

But jayr, enough people must have 'complained' about this because, as far as I'm aware this is one of the forthcoming changes the fed gov. has decided will be applied to Medicare - i.e the rebate is worked at time of payment at doctors. The new medicare package has only just been agreed to (reluctanly) by the state governents (last week I think).

So you will be able to do this 'sometime' in the future.

AndyH
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:08 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jah4reds
I'm not going to get caught up in the 'wingeing discussion...'

But jayr, enough people must have 'complained' about this because, as far as I'm aware this is one of the forthcoming changes the fed gov. has decided will be applied to Medicare - i.e the rebate is worked at time of payment at doctors. The new medicare package has only just been agreed to (reluctanly) by the state governents (last week I think).

So you will be able to do this 'sometime' in the future.

AndyH
Andy

I will need to find something else to campaign about now
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf

I had to laugh when I read your comment about people "who think they know something about Oz just because they have lived here for several years"

You comment quite freely about NZ without residing here.

Don't you think you're being inconsistent?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:18 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by smithone
Wilf

I had to laugh when I read your comment about people "who think they know something about Oz just because they have lived here for several years"

I think he was being sarcastic...
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf

Probably Smithy.

I like getting discussions going about NZ. Let's face it old son, if I don't, who will? And I have spent a lot of time there. Indeed, if you spend 2 weeks there, you have spent a long time there, no? The way I see it, I am 50% qualified to comment on it, but that makes me well qualified for this forum does it not?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:35 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
One of my favourites:

Why after visiting the doctor and paying him, do I then have to go to a shop in a high rent shopping mall employing ten or more people to queue for twenty miutes with maybe fifty or more people in my lunch hour to get some of the money back? Can't I just pay the doctor less in th first place. There must be $M of dollars consumed in this unneccessary waste never mind the time wasted by people who could be doing more effective things. Now I could 'whinge' to Medicare and suggest this improvement or at a cost to me I could not claim my money back - along with millions of others, hopefully one day closing down all the Medicare stores and reducing the overall cost of the healthcare system. Other suggestions on appropriate action are welcome.
1. I go to a Dr who bulk bills so not my problem.
2. Take form to Medicare and stuff in claims box.
3. Post form to Medicare.
4. Become a citizen and vote to tell Drs to get stuffed.
5. Become a citizen and legislate Drs to process Medicare claims.
6. Become a Dr and heal thyself.
7. Become a Dr and take whatever Medicare deems your worth.
8. Become a Dr, take money from the public and tell Medicare to get stuffed.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf

I'm genuinely interested in your NZ experiences.

How long were you here for?
What were you doing here?
What part of NZ did you live in?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf

I'm genuinely interested in your NZ experiences.

How long were you here for?
What were you doing here?
What part of NZ did you live in?

I have stayed in different bits of NZ for varying periods, none shorter than two weeks, none longer than 3 or 4 months (I forget now) and I reckon, over the last 20-30 years, I have spent something like 18 months to 2 years there in total. In Auckland, I have stayed/lived short term in Howick and Grey Lynn, and in Wellington I have stayed in a number of places in the northern suburbs (Johnsonville, Khandallah) for short periods, depending on who we were staying with/sponging off. We were visiting friends and family and, like most people in NZ, I was doing nothing there.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:09 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget that OZ has so many wonderful invention like the Hills Hoist and the black box flight recorder. How on earth did we get our clothes dry before?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:38 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by bondipom
Don't forget that OZ has so many wonderful invention like the Hills Hoist and the black box flight recorder. How on earth did we get our clothes dry before?

True, and when combined very useful for finding out what happened in the final seconds before the Hills Hoist disappeared from the radar screen.

Saw an ad on TV last night for Hills advertising some sort of thing which switched the lights on for you or something - what's that all about?