Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

over weight at meds

over weight at meds

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future
Default over weight at meds

Hi we had our meds in bonnyrigg today all four of us got A
for thouse that are worried about the weight i am over 20st
the doc said aslong as it is not causing you health problems
it does not count for aus though i still need to lose some for own good
all very quick no strip to undies no grope or cough test
cost for two adults and two kids £282
so after six months of the booze we are officialy back on it
and it tastes so nice
peter
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: over weight at meds

Originally Posted by peterinblack
and it tastes so nice
peter
I'm glad everything went well for you we had ours on Tuesday (we're both overweight) I was so relieved when our Dr said our weight didn't matter (for Australia!) now it's the long wait...........
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:01 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: over weight at meds

Well that is a huge relief!! BOth me and the OH been on a diet, I lost 3 stone and he 2 stone, so doing well, but not good enough, fast enough for the medicals in a couple of weeks!!

What you paid sounds very cheap, we been quoted £207 PER adult and £58 PER child!! Total cost £530!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toon williams
Well that is a huge relief!! BOth me and the OH been on a diet, I lost 3 stone and he 2 stone, so doing well, but not good enough, fast enough for the medicals in a couple of weeks!!

What you paid sounds very cheap, we been quoted £207 PER adult and £58 PER child!! Total cost £530!!!! :scared: :scared:
Is that X-rays and bloods as-well surely for that price!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:28 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Is that X-rays and bloods as-well surely for that price!

Yes that is for everything!! Well I bloody hope it is!! OH nearly fell over when I told him the cost!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toon williams
Yes that is for everything!! Well I bloody hope it is!! OH nearly fell over when I told him the cost!!!
Ours cost about £411 i think (2 adults 1 child age 4!) I thought that was bad enough! Oh well all done now just the longest wait EVER.....
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:38 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Ours cost about £411 i think (2 adults 1 child age 4!) I thought that was bad enough! Oh well all done now just the longest wait EVER.....

Suppose ours is about right then!! Still a lot of money to be paying!! But worth it in the end!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:22 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

and it tastes so nice
peter

WOOOOOOoooooooooooo Fantastic guys.......Agnes, good luck with the course.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

and it tastes so nice
peter
Well done and congratulations have a drink on us
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

well done to you all, too right, hit that with style now

ours is going to cost £870!!!!!!! in sheffield for 4 adults and one child!!!

bloody marvalous how they class a child over 14 as an adult when it suits eh!!!!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

and it tastes so nice
peter
How much!!!!!!!!
Ours cost over £550 for 2 adults and 2 children. More to the point whats this about 6 months on the wagon, nothing is worth that.
Me and the missus were both off our trolleys 2 nights before our meds.
Alcohol only stays in blood for a limited period, think about the drink driving tests.
The thought of you off the piss for 6 months is making me thirsty, I'm off for a wife beater.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

and it tastes so nice
peter
Hi Peter,

Congrats on getting through your meds and hope you enjoy your or two.....

Would you mind telling us your height?? OH and I are both on the larger side (to put it nicely ) and this is one of our main concerns in having meds done.

All the best & fingers crossed your visa comes soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
When we had our medicals done last year the doctor told me I was overweight with high blood pressure and needed to lose a couple of stone, I am 6' 3" and weight 16 stone. I never heard anything else until we got our visas a month or so later.

I went to my own doctor and said that my blood pressure was spot on and that for my height and build I was a little overweight not 2 stone.

p,s

The medicals cost 130 each plus x rays at 55 each.

John
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm over weight, I am going to have to lose some before I go to Aus. I feel awful. I had the meds and have a CO and they didn't say anything about it so I guess we are ok on that point. Well see though lol

Lace xx
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:35 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The S's
I'm off for a wife beater.
Count me in mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.