Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

over weight just a bit

Wikiposts

over weight just a bit

Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice
Default Re: over weight just a bit

My missus will kill me but, we are both about three stone over weight.
and our visa was granted YESTERDAY woo hoo.....

all the best with it though m8

Cockney Rob.....
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wendyclewley89
Do you have to be a certain weight then???? :scared:
Not exactly. My agent explained it as following:

Ideal BMI is 25
If BMI beween 25 and mid/late 30's then probably not a real problem
If BMI 40-49 then queries made and poss extra tests (heart etc) at your expense
If BMI over 49 then very likely to fail

Mine will be under 49 next time I am weighed (I got my practice nurse to give me a bit of support and she weighs me every 4 weeks and works out my BMI). Only just sent off for skills assessment so got time to get the rest off before meds called. Lost 2.75 stone in 8 weeks so should be OK.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:23 am
Banned

Huggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
My hubby needs to lose about 5 stone at least
:scared: You serious?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Huggy Bear
Hey, that's chicken feed to me!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

aston man,

I was 18stones 4 lbs at the begining of the year now I am about 15 stones 7 lbs. So for my height I am just about in the 'overweight' catergory. I lost this weight by seer motivation to pass the medicals and get into oz. This meant cutting down of food, eating more fruit and veg, drinking more water and also doing excersize. Also the way I saw it was even if I didnt get into Oz, the weight loss would be good for me - I feel really good now also I fit into my old clothes..

I have my medical next week and I will see what they say also BP is still a bit high but has gone down alot.
According to some of the posts I should be ok at the meds.

Apparently if you are overweight it ok as long as other conditions are not developing such as risk of heart attacks, colesterol, diabetes but no expert.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:32 am
Banned

Huggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Hey, that's chicken feed to me!!!!!
How much you gotta lose then?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:33 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, yes
We're like little and large. I weigh 8.5 stone

Julie. x
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:34 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
aston man,

I was 18stones 4 lbs at the begining of the year now I am about 15 stones 7 lbs. So for my height I am just about in the 'overweight' catergory. I lost this weight by seer motivation to pass the medicals and get into oz. This meant cutting down of food, eating more fruit and veg, drinking more water and also doing excersize. Also the way I saw it was even if I didnt get into Oz, the weight loss would be good for me - I feel really good now also I fit into my old clothes..

I have my medical next week and I will see what they say also BP is still a bit high but has gone down alot.
According to some of the posts I should be ok at the meds.

Apparently if you are overweight it ok as long as other conditions are not developing such as risk of heart attacks, colesterol, diabetes but no expert.

fantastic reading well done,isn't it great that people like us want something so much that we will move mountains to get what we want,thats why were all off to pastures new.what a shame its not the same here.people have stopped trying,
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

How much you gotta lose then?
Without giving actual figures, half my body weight :scared: And double figures. :scared: :scared:

But I WILL do it. I am already pre-pregnancy weight and have dropped 8 inches off my bra size!!!!!

BPadiar - Well done, mate! I remember posting on one of your previous threads about this. Really pleased that everything working out for you and the weight is coming off. Sending some karma to keep you going!

Last edited by Iwannabethere; Aug 10th 2006 at 8:41 am.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Without giving actual figures, half my body weight :scared: And double figures. :scared: :scared:

But I WILL do it. I am already pre-pregnancy weight and have dropped 8 inches off my bra size!!!!!

BPadiar - Well done, mate! I remember posting on one of your previous threads about this. Really pleased that everything working out for you and the weight is coming off. Sending some karma to keep you going!
i've just tried to sen you Karma but for some reason can't so when i can i will .... well done on your weight loss
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:53 am
Banned

Good on ya! I suppose this bi product of meeting the visa requirements will be a blessing in disguise when you're looking and feeling so much better.

Good luck.

Huggy
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Good on ya! I suppose this bi product of meeting the visa requirements will be a blessing in disguise when you're looking and feeling so much better.

Good luck.

Huggy
Oh yes. I wanted to do it for my daughter, even if we weren't trying to emigrate. I tell you, I'm the fittest blimp on the planet!!!!! Walking an hour a day, every day, pushing a 14 month old in a buggy!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 10:05 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i went for an interview with an agent about two months ago and as i was desperate for him to take my case i told him i was sixteen stone ,i was really 18stone,at the interview he told me i would need to lose another stone so now i have to lose three :scared:

anyway i have lost a stone and a half so its the same again another stone and a half to go.jeez its hard work.

well i hope it will be worth it in the end.

anyone else had to strip a bit of weight for the medical

Hi,

try not to worry too much we had pur meds in Nottingham and never even removed a shoe !!!! Both myself and my hubby are overweight and we had no probs.... In fact we had our meds on 12th Jan and were issued with Visas 30th Jan....
The meds do vary from place to place, but try not to get yourself in a state as they are not as bad as you think
Good luck
Jane
xx
Old Aug 10th 2006, 10:49 am
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to all who have lost weight, keep up the good work.
Try not to worry to much about meds its not not as bad as you think.
Good luck to you all
Old Aug 10th 2006, 3:43 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mysterio
Congratulations to all who have lost weight, keep up the good work.
Try not to worry to much about meds its not not as bad as you think.
Good luck to you all
I agree. Congratulations to everyone on their weight lose, keep up the good work. Remember slow & sustained is better than fast and furious!

Maggie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.