Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Out of UK education system - how long

Out of UK education system - how long

Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Out of UK education system - how long

Just wondered how long you are allowed to have your children out of UK education system before it becomes a problem. For example, it may be that emmigrate in October and we didn't want the kids to start school in September (one of them will be starting new senior school) and making friends only to take them away again. They are at private school at moment so I'm sure that they could stay there a bit longer if necessary as the school is very flexible (and eldest's friends would have left anyway) but it's all money. Any ideas?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Out of UK education system - how long

The requirement is that a child between certain ages needs to be in full-time education - there is no requirement that this has to be a school (i.e. home schooling is a valid option).
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

jojosmile is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you can state that you are home schooling but to be honest I doubt anyone would ask you.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

That's great, thanks for that and not something I had thought of. To anyone who knows me the thought of me home schooling my kids is hilarious, but a little white lie is sometimes necessary I guess! Cheers.