Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

out of all the forms i've seen while playing this game,...

Wikiposts

out of all the forms i've seen while playing this game,...

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:45 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by asfry
Damn those blasted employers!! :-)

I tried with HSBC and was told I'd have to hold a bank account with them in the UK for at least 2 years before they'd recommend (yes that's what I said) me to one of their branches in Oz.

Not exactly the world's local bank as they claim to be!

PMSL! yeah i got that too! They tried to tell me i couldn't open an account (even over the internet) without a UK account first...... i put them right on that one straight away!:lecture:

you would think they'd know how all the worldwide branch work wouldn't you....
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: out of all the forms i've seen while playing this game,...

Originally posted by scutterUK
i've been through the skills assessment, completed my visa application, sorted the medical out, i've even completed all the forms from the solicitor when selling the house!

However out of all the forms i've now filled in i've just come across the one which has really got my head messed up.

What the flip is that bluddy 100 point check form all about then?!!!! :scared:

right i'm trying to create an online bank account with HSBC. i've gone through the website and done all the doobery bits and pieces ending up with some printed forms and i'm all ready to rock and roll. Then i start to read this 100 point form and my brain's now gone numb.

let me see if i've got this straight. i need to get 100 points + before i can open the account. (easy so far) So if i use my passport - 70 points, drivers licence - 25 points and a credit card - 25 points, which if my mathematically challenged brain can work out, is 120 points?

However, because all these are only showing my name, do i need to provide something with my address on, eg a gas bill? If this is the case my problem deepens. The address i gave when applying for the account was my parents address which i'll be moving to once i move out of my current address in a few weeks. This means none of my utility bills are showing the address i supplied and therefore are a waste of paper.

does this make sense? have i gone form crazy or just plain bonkers (again)? this form seems WAY over complicated for a simpleton like me, can any of you clever people help?

btw, another thought, when do they email you your bank account number?

ta very muchness.

Leigh (slightly bonkers if nothing else)

Incidentally, ive only ever found 1 HSBC bank in Brisbane, im sure theres more.
I have been with HSBC for years here ??
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:59 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: out of all the forms i've seen while playing this game,...

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Incidentally, ive only ever found 1 HSBC bank in Brisbane, im sure theres more.
I have been with HSBC for years here ??
there isn't one in canberra.... seems a bit daft really doesn't it?

maybe they're trying to tell me something?

additional... I'm bored today, has anyone noticed? another 3 weeks of this before i can leave work though.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Freo555 is an unknown quantity at this point

just to show it can work....we have an account here with First Direct so had no trouble getting the forms for an HSBC australian online account. Went to our local branch last week to fill in forms and certify documents. They said it they would send it to HSBC International in London and then it would go to OZ. Called HSBC International in London today to make sure they got the form (and the cheque) and was told that the account had been opened, cheque lodged and account details were in the post to us!! so much for the 5-6 weeks we were quoted but who cares.....all I need now is my visa!!!

Freo
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:52 pm
ABCDiamond

I think that most people who contact
HSBC International Branch Tel: 020 7991 7278 (For opening Australian Account from UK)

get things organised OK.

Most UK branch staff know very little about the process.

It's worth it in the end

Not having a branch near you doesn't seem much of a problem.

You can get cash out and pay deposits into any Post Office.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:42 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, HSBC do emphasise that each country is a separate entity. HSBC Int in London WOULD be the place to go to open an account overseas.

It's not realistic to expect the common or garden branch to know the ins and outs of the Oz system.