Cleaning!

Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:59 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleaning!

Well have started the mammoth disinfectant job.

What a lovely task. Never realised we had so many different types of garden spider!

It's a long job.......and it's all the kids stuff. That kind of plastic that seems to absorb dirt. I have been doing it since yesterday and I think I am going to have to re-do it!

So just a quick warning don't leave it to the last minute if you have shed loads of kids wendy houses/climing frames etc. They all look clean enough but full of earwigs and spiders and dead flies!

It will be lovely though to unpack it all and it's nice and clean - and that's what I keep telling myself!

Max x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:15 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know anyone with a jet wash, they blast the dirt right out and bring the little tykes toys up a treat
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cleaning!

Hi Max

Horrible job isn't it!
We're taking quite a few garden tools and have found the quickest and most effective way of cleaning them is to give them a coat of paint. They look great all painted in green Hammerite!
Good luck!

Andrea
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cleaning!

Hubby's been doing his millions of tools since Saturday morning! Shippers coming on the 14th and 15th!
best of luck
Rach x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:34 pm

Hi guys - glad I'm not alone.

Great idea about the jet wash! -now why didn't I think of that?

I have no where near finished but just got rid of some more junk. Have you ever been this clutter free.? I know it's an expensive form of life laundry!!!

It's made me realise how many things I will still have to buy even though we've got a 40ft er. Just things like new lawnmower and garden tools - my tools are not worth taking!

Nosuch - glad the house sold- you are shipping the week before us! I don't have a spare weekend between now and then so I've got to sort it all out really!

Max x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Max,
our bloody buyer pulled out! had 5 viewings over the weekend but no offers as yet, we do have a dependant full asking offer but as i said they have to sell theirs first!
best of luck to you
Rach x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:42 pm

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Max,
our bloody buyer pulled out! had 5 viewings over the weekend but no offers as yet, we do have a dependant full asking offer but as i said they have to sell theirs first!
best of luck to you
Rach x
No way! That's shit. Poor you...it's happened to us before and you just want to strangle them don't you? But this couldn't have happened at a worse time! Keep my fingers crossed. Now you must be due some luck!

Love Max x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bloody hope so Max, sobbed my heart out when it happened, at least i won't have any tears left for our leaving do!
fingers crossed our dependants get a buyer soon!
hugs
Rach x
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Our shippers are due on the 13th and we are busy sorting and chucking out all the rubbish we have aquired.

It is hard knowing where to start but start I should and not be on this bloody computer when there is soooo much to do!

Rach,

We have now found a solicitor to do the power of attorney thing for the house. The estate agents tried again yesterday to get us to lower the price by £5,000 saying that it will be harder to sell without furniture in. Basically told her to take a running jump, we have already reduced it once. We have given ourselves a time limit and IF it hasn't sold by then we will look at a reduction. The power of attorney cost us an extra £50 (he suggested 2 for £25) I didn't think that was too bad.

Anyway must go and sort out the understairs cupboard, ugggh! Smelly shoes and spiders!

Mandy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mandy
thanks for your message, will look into a power of attorney nearer the time, we don't fly out till September so have a month or so to play with, best of luck to you mate, think we both need it don't you!
best of luck with the removals, we have Pickfords in on the 14/15th!!!!
hugs
Rach xx
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Mandy
thanks for your message, will look into a power of attorney nearer the time, we don't fly out till September so have a month or so to play with, best of luck to you mate, think we both need it don't you!
best of luck with the removals, we have Pickfords in on the 14/15th!!!!
hugs
Rach xx
AWWWWWW RACH!!!!!!!

Poor you!!

Sorry to hear about the house sale.

Chin up chucky egg, it'll all be right in the end.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Leigh!
been so down but spoke to our dependant buyer today, have told him we will take it of the market as he has said that he is willing to give us a non refundable deposit, plus he's dropped his price on his quite alot! just need him to get a buyer asap!
hugs
Rach x
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Can you hire jet cleaners then? I'm not looking forward to doing the shed, we have only just done the loft, apart from a few odds and ends.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Kirsty R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jet cleaners

Hi Larissa!
Our packers arrive 26th and so we're also doing the mammoth cleaning thing!! Anyway....yes you can hire the jet cleaners.They're brilliant although we did manage to slice through the bottom of our little boys paddling pool as the jet is pretty strong! A nice clean one from the sales seems like a good idea to me!!!
Good luck
Kirsty
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Can you hire jet cleaners then? I'm not looking forward to doing the shed, we have only just done the loft, apart from a few odds and ends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.